P0275 fixed now have a P0272 now what - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P0275 fixed now have a P0272 now what

Ok I have an 05 F350 6.0. Had EGR cooler go so I did the Bulletproof kit. Truck was running just fine but it overheat and started pouring white smoke (steam) out the tailpipe so that's when I tore it apart and installed the whole kit. So when I got it all back together had a heck of a time getting it started, air in the fuel system I guess, anyway once it did finally start it ran like crap and had no power at all with no boost and poured out black smoke. Put scanner on it and it had a p0275 dtc. So after many hours searching this forum I realized it most likely was a bent pushrods cyl#5 tore it apart it was. So fixed that partly put it back together and lots of cranking and finally it started seemed to run better would build boost but not running 100% it seemed so I put the scanner back on now it say p0272. I sure hope I didn't bend another pushrods on the other side if that's likely WHY? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks. Great site by the way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

welcome to the org... which kit did you get??

as far as push rods go, read this: P0272 #4 contribution fault after HGs

sounds to me like you didnt hook the harness back together correct if you didn't mess with the pushrods while doing the delete, i'd check all your orings/plugs for your injectors, check to make sure your ficm's all in snug.

when i did my delete, i cycled the key a dozen times, and it started right up no problem, the culprit sounds like its more along the lines of something with injectors (wires / plugs etc) its a lot of plugs, but i'd go through and THOROUGHLY check them all

no boost / black smoke sounds like you might not have plugged the turbo back in?? or its got a massive leak somewhere from reassembly
Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok thanks for your help. I'll recheck everything. But my problem is when I had the P0275 everything was back together and to fix it I just tore apart the passenger side to get to the problem, I didn't touch the other side and that's why I'm confused why it's throwing a code for the other side of the engine. As far as the kit it was a stud, Bulletproof EGR cooler and oil cooler not sure where it came from I bought it off craigslist brand new. When I took the heads off I didn't take any of the injectors out so I don't see any reason they should be bad but it could be possible I guess. Thanks again
Old 04-03-2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfordmann View Post
Ok thanks for your help. I'll recheck everything. But my problem is when I had the P0275 everything was back together and to fix it I just tore apart the passenger side to get to the problem, I didn't touch the other side and that's why I'm confused why it's throwing a code for the other side of the engine. As far as the kit it was a stud, Bulletproof EGR cooler and oil cooler not sure where it came from I bought it off craigslist brand new. When I took the heads off I didn't take any of the injectors out so I don't see any reason they should be bad but it could be possible I guess. Thanks again
ohh ok i thought you just did the egr kit, i didn't realize you did studs as well, i've never been in that deep so anything past the egr is out of my technical knowledge... but someone on here will help
Old 04-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got it apart another bent pushrods #4 cyl. Now I hear about rotating crank to the 6-o'clock position how is that done exactly doesn't seem to be much room to get any kind of wrench up on the crank
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 AM

If ya have help one of ya bumps the sarter over with the key and ta other looks for when the timeing mark is toward the bottom this ensures that no valves are at TDC when the torqueing is done.

If yer by ureself ya rig up a semote start switch either metod I recomend pull the fuel pump relay or injector relay so it don't start on ya.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure cranking it with the starter with the FICM relay pulled wouldnt hurt anything
Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well it seems like its finally running right, now I need to find some tranny fluid so I can drive it. Of course it's a special fluid only can get it through the dealer. Thanks again Ford
Old 04-07-2012, 12:54 PM

And Ford says yer welcome as they count your money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.