just picked up f350, pulled these codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just picked up f350, pulled these codes

Just picked up a 05 f350. I bought a tuner for it and pulled the DTC codes. I got p2614 p2617 p0611 p0470 p0341 P0336. I decided to erase them and see if any come back since i dont have any illuminated CEL. Seems to run good, only problems i see are some bluish smoke on startup as well as on a cold startup it runs real choppy for a few seconds until the oil pressure comes up the it smooths out. Once in awhile it will idle high also appx 900-1000 rpm but if you tap the fuel pedal it clears out.

Should i be concerned about some of this and where should i start checking for problems. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
blue smoke/ running rough is probably just injector stiction... Get some REV-X and you should be fine

The factory "higher Idle" is normal for colder conditions until you tap the throttle OR the brake peddle.
Just made to warm up truck faster
Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Oh and
Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p2614 camshaft sensor open
p2617 crankshaft sensor open

These first two are likely due to someone cranking the engine without it firing for an extended period of time. Was any work done to the engine recently? Typically you can erase these and they won't come back.

p0611 FICM performance
Common problem - go check out the FICM voltage right now (I mean it) as per the procedure you will find here in the forum (do it COLD and at all three points KOEO, cranking, and running) it must be 48V at all points. Since you have P0611, it likely isn't 48V. You can get the FICM rebuilt by a couple good vendors you will find here. Don't go to Ford or you will get screwed and get an FICM that will fail again. Fix this now, or spend a couple grand on injectors. Also, be sure your batteries are up to snuff before you do the test (i.e. load test them individually and get them fully charged)

p0470 Exhaust pressure sensor
Probably a little carbon in the EBP. Just take the tube off and run a wire or pipe cleaner down it.

p0341 camshaft sensor performance
P0336 crankshaft sensor performance

Probably the same as the first two codes - just clear them and see if they come back.

bluish smoke on startup
could be related to the FICM, or just be normal smoke at start-up. If it really is blue, it could be the start of a turbo oil seal leak. Don't sweat it for now and see if it gets worse.

cold startup it runs real choppy for a few seconds
Could be FICM issue. Get that puppy figured out NOW (I mean it)

it will idle high also appx 900-1000 rpm but if you tap the fuel pedal it clears out
This is normal, it will high idle after a certain period of time until it warms up or you put on the brake.

MikeB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.