6.0L second chance!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0L second chance!!

Last year I traded in a diesel truck in I had for the most sissified truck I have ever owned (06 Z71)! And have hated it ever since. It doesn't have enough power to pull an empty 2 wheel trailer. So any way I had looked at a couple 07 model 6.0's and the prices are good especially related to the same year model duramax.

My issue is I had an late 03 6.0 and it had many issues and I swore I would never own another one. BUT I have had numerous people say that once you get studs, egr delete, and a new turbo that they are as good and dependable as anything out there. I can't afford an 08 or newer and if I drive this damn z another month I'll cut my wrist. Any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Glad you came back
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I switched over from a 24valve cummins, got my 6 leaker back in October. I wasnt sure what i really wanted but i knew i was going , i was in the same boat you are couldnt afford an 08 or newer so i was either going 7.3 or 6.0. I wanted a low milage ride and found mine with only 27,xxx on her. From switching from the cummins to the 6.0 im sold man. I love my 6.0
Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Turnin' JP8 into noise!

This is the first time I've been on here in a bit, but I figured I'd chime in from the peanut gallery. For what it's worth, I've had a 97, 04, 06 and an 08. The 06 was far and away my favorite. I acually just sold my 08 FX4 and bought my 06 back from my brother. I strongly recommend going with 05-07 if you can find a good one with low miles. The brakes, suspension and transmission are all bigger than the 03-04 and they seem to have less issues.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The 03 I had was my favorite as far as ride, style and comfort. The motor had issues I wasn't smart enough to figure out. It had plenty of power, more than I need now.

Once the egr and cooler mods are done what kind of mileage are you guys seeing?

Last edited by Muscrat; 03-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscrat View Post
The 03 I had was my favorite as far as ride, style and comfort. The motor had issues I wasn't smart enough to figure out. It had plenty of power, more than I need now.

Once the egr and code mods are done what kind of mileage are you guys seeing?
Im all stock at the moment, 5" exhaust coming real soon and egr delete to follow, but currently im gettin about 16 to 18 highway. Im mostly in town driving because of college, averaging 13 to 14 stop and go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.