Join Date: Jul 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advice needed on my 6 oh-no
My '05 F350 6.0 has got the list of common 6.0 failures and I'm trying to decide what to do and in what order.
Background- 2005 F350 6.0L King Ranch with 135k miles. Bought the truck in '09 with 87K miles. Truck has been mostly problem free except for a dirty EGR valve and replace an alternator and two batteries last year. I've also had some injector stiction, but RevX had completely cleared that up.
I started having rough starts a couple weeks ago. I changed oil and Rev-X since it was due and sent in an oil sample. I also decided to run a scan tool on the truck.
So here it goes,
1. I've got a code for P0611. FICM is producing 34V.
2. Deltas for ECT/EOT are 12-19*
3. Alternator is producing 13.6 volts or less under all conditions.
4. Oil sample showed coolant in the oil. I will send in a resample next week.
5. A clunking/grinding in the front end no matter which way I turn.
6. About $1000 worth of body work since I backed into a mailbow last fall. Doh!
So, I owe about $15K on this truck. I love it, but it looks like I'm staring down the barrel of about $5000 worth of repairs just to make it solid again.
What would you do and where would you start? Should I just try to trade it in on something else?
2005 F-350 King Ranch CCSB 6.0L. 4x4
Functional-Rotella T-6 5w-40, Ford 135amp alternator and a new pair of Interstate Megatron Batteries275/70/18 BFG AT's.
Rockwood Roo 19 Hybrid travel trailer.
Rv comfort and sleeping under canvas!