04 king ranch now what can it be?!?!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 02:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04 king ranch now what can it be?!?!?

I got this 40 f350 in January, have already dealt with a no start issue. Turned out to be a wire next to a battery. NOW only 1,000 miles later I have problems like I have never believed!

So here it is, I assume the windshield leaks a little and I'm a problem with te interior lights either working or not working when I turn the truck off. The radio will stay on when the key is out and door is open. But I can get it to turn off if I hold the brake. If everything is off and I hit the auto lock on my key ring the radio will come back on.

When I start the truck with the door open the interior lights don't come on no door chime and the door ajar light isn't on. But once I step on the brake everything works again.

I took the gem module out from behind the dash and there is no corrosion. I have heard of water on the door sill and wires corroding at splices. I redid two near the kick panel are there more going back to the brake lights? ( splices that is)
I'm no expert on diesels but ford I'm not foriegn too. I don't want take it somewhere but I'm getting close now! Need help bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

With all your describeing I would suspect the light module and probably the cluster module either corrosion or the modules got wet and are freaking out. Giveing voltage internally where it shouldn't when it shouldn't. Moisture and electronics just don't get along.

I would also suggest pulling the harness plug where it goes thru the firewall and checking for corrision. Shoot a little electronic contact cleaner in both sides the plug to dry out any moisture.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Where is the light module and the cluster module? I have the gem mod out but it hasno evidence of moisture or anything else wrong with it
Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 PM

sounds like that things been in a flood or something and got some water in the electronics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.