UPDATE TO MY DRAMA!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
UPDATE TO MY DRAMA!!!

I also posted this on my orginal thread "do the problems ever end". I need some input from you diesel geniuses!!

Just got a diagnosis!! Ya'll tell me what you think cause I don't believe it!!! John tells me that Ford/Oasis is telling him he needs to replace ALL 8 INJECTORS! WTF??!!

I don't think John really is buying into either but I think he is out of ideas. They told him that one of the injectors probably shorted out and fried all of the other injectors. He told them that it failed me while driving and just quit. They said it was probably because the engine got to hot. I watch my gauges like a hawk and my pyrometer and other temp gauges were completely normal!!! He told them that too. I'm sure they just think I'm just some dumb broad that doesn't know her left from her right. I think Ford/Oasis is telling John to basically start throwing parts at it!

EVEN if they are by chance correct and all 8 injectors are fried...WTF caused it?!! What's to say that I put $2k worth of injectors on it and this doesn't happen again in 4 months?? IF the engine did get too hot (which it didn't) what caused it?!

So basically they are saying that a truck that has had ZERO starting (haven't had to plug it in once this winter!) or running issues other than having the IRP valve replaced 5 days earlier suddenly FRIES ALL 8 INJECTORS in an instant driving down a GRAVEL road at 25 miles per hour.

PLEASE WEIGH IN ON THIS!! Justin Mix is going to talk to my mechanic (thank you Justin ) to find out some more info using vocabulary that goes way over my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
What failed on the IPR?

has anyone bothered to test FICM voltage?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Here is a link to the other thread if you guys want to see what has or hasn't been checked yet...

Do the problems ever end??!! ARRGGG!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM

I would suspect more of a wieing harness failure causeing all 8 to show bad all at one time, assumeing they are bad. Now Ford does recomend changeing them all when several injector go out at once. This is due to history has shown that when several fail the rest useually follow soon after. Besides it sells parts.

I am afraid it is now time to break out the manual and flow charts and do some serious testing and verification. Regretably not all techs are the same even Fords techs.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 AM

There are ZERO codes showing. The only two codes that show up are my two normal egr codes from my delete and they are always there.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the ford technical hotline is completely hit or miss. I usually have to go back and forth for a day or so before someone finally calls me with some legitimate ideas. unfortunately it sounds to me like the injectors are a shot in the dark, a costly one at that
Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
the ford technical hotline is completely hit or miss. I usually have to go back and forth for a day or so before someone finally calls me with some legitimate ideas.
Unfortunately more misses than hits, more than I care to admit from my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner6.0L View Post
unfortunately it sounds to me like the injectors are a shot in the dark, a costly one at that
And a "shot" that I wouldn't be comfortable making on the customer's dime. If this were a warranty repair, on the other hand .....
Old 03-12-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
Unfortunately more misses than hits, more than I care to admit from my experience.

And a "shot" that I wouldn't be comfortable making on the customer's dime. If this were a warranty repair, on the other hand .....
It's nice to hear someone say that!! If the FCIM switch doesn't do anything tomorrow, I won't know what to do. I just don't think it's the injectors.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun_girl View Post
I just don't think it's the injectors.
Neither do I. And in fairness to the tech that's working on your truck, I don't think even HE thinks it's the injectors either.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM

M-chan don't you ever get tired of all of the sad-*** 6.0 owners screamin' for you help?? LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.