laundry list of problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
laundry list of problems

well to start off i had surging problems when at a stop light. so if i was at a stop the truck would want to lunge forward. but i got no check engine or codes on my tuner ( edge juice platinum) so i let it go for a little bit and then it stopped.

but then about 6 months later when i would go to accelerate with a heavy foot the engine would bog down or skip or miss. i did get a code po335 and po336. that lead to camshaft sensor and performance. i rad on here and everyone said to change it, so i did and the problem continued. so i took it to to the ford dealership and she returned aith a laundry list of stuff includung that now they can't get my truck to continue running but when i dropped it off it ran.

Blown EGR cooler
restricted oil cooler
bad ficm

and no related center section of my turbo was dirty and needed to be cleaned or replaced

estimate of $6000. i ran out of time and need my truck to i went through with it and the delaership assured me after this there will be no problems whatsoever
and that it will be like a new truck. also a 12 month 12000 mile warrenty on work.

here are my questions

are all these problems related?
is that a good price?
are they over looking anything?
why did my tuner not catch this?
should i switch tuners?

here is my info

06 f350 lariet 4x4
88000 miles
edge juice platinum
straight exchaust no cat or muffler

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Well to start off the clogged oil cooler took out the egr cooler. The turbos unicen ring most likely is stuck. The ficm is dropping voltage from bad solder on the dale chips. As for the rice well you could shop around.My question to you is this where you useing coolant and how many miles is on it? if its over 100k and head gaskets have never been done i would do the works! bullet proof it now. if it where me i would take it home and stud it with ford headgaskets as all black onix ive seen done failed and ive seen alot. then i would do external oil cooler, egr delete and replace t fitting with solid tube. also replace both dummy plugs and NO MORE PROBLEMS EVER. dont forget to split turbo and polish unicen ring track on both sides. if the vanes tabs that ride in ring are worn flat they are bad. hope this helps you. ohh do it yourself there is no better learning experience!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Forgot to mention

I forgot to mention that that quote was also replacing a is head gasket. And I was loosing coolant also for the last 2 months. I already gave them the go ahead to do the work and they said that the new eye cooler has been modified to fix the original problems the 6.0 had. It has 88000 miles and I do quite a bit of towing a 5th wheel

By the way I am actually in the navy now I am a AW aircrew/ rescue swimmer instructor
Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Powerstroke Techie

The price quoted above is a very good price for all the work listed, if it's done properly. I would throw in a set ARP head studs in there, along with an engine harness by the sounds of the two codes listed above. Installing an engine harness will eliminate any and all electrical circuit issues, since you're already in this deep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.o problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.