Do the problems ever end??!! ARRGGG! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do the problems ever end??!! ARRGGG!

My Ford flag is at half staff today. I have only owned this truck for 1.5 years and it has 155,000 miles on it. I am currently into it for about $6000 in repairs. The best I'll get is maybe 5 or 6 months without a problem. Last Monday my truck quit me with a high pressure oil system issue in the city about 100 miles away from home. I had the big Ford dealership fix it for me. Pressure tests indicated no leaks anywhere but they put on a new IPR and it fired right up. So that and a new gasket for the turbo and a tow ran me $750

This Saturday night my truck quit me and my friend on what I believe to be the longest most remote gravel in central Missouri at midnight and of course no cell signal. Of course being in BFE at 1 am on a saturday night, it was not easy to locate a roll-back that could fit my long-bed four-door truck...much less explain how to find us. I thought my friend and I were going to freeze to death. Thank goodness we had gummie bears, gobstoppers, and beer (two girls backroading...we eat candy lol)

When it quit, it was doing the exact same thing as it did when it quit in the city. My buddy working on it thinks it could just be a bad part. What do ya'll think? Does that happen often? Should I fix it and leave the keys in it parked in a bad neighborhood?? I told my husband that in our divorce I would keep the truck b/c he probably can't afford the payments...I might be regretting that. LOL I love my truck but I just don't know when or if these problems are going to end. When do I say enough is enough and get rid of it? I'm sure that by the time I do that, it will make someone a damn fine truck. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well going to the big Ford Stealership was your first mistake. I hate dealers and will never take my truck to one of their shops. ever. Can you put some info on your truck in your sig? that will help us to know a little more about it and what your problems may be.

Take a look around, and you will be able to find some really good info to help keep your truck on the road and out of the shop. I love my 6.0
Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Find a shop that works and Knows 6.0's in your area...
Many dealers don't (not bashing the guys that do know)
Old 03-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Premium Member

If its a 7.3 you might wanta try the cam position sensor....just a guess.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Premium Member

Never mind I see you have a 6.0, I dont know much about em. Ill leave it to everyone else.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 PM

The ONLY reason I had it fixed at the dealer in the city was because I was 100 miles from home and it was going to cost $250 to tow it back to my buddies place. If it was going to be anymore labor (like 14 hours to replace seals) I was going to have it towed. It is now at my buddies shop. He is tearing into it this afternoon or tomorrow morning. He thinks the IRP valve might have been bad when they put it on. I dunno, I hear it happens sometimes. Two times in one week is just about my last straw.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM

dr8082...yep if only it was a 7.3 lol When I called my mechanic friends last monday when it quit in the city they all said that right off the bat. I reminded them it was the 6.0 and I couldn't get that lucky. lol
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to dieselmatt
Well, it is entirely possible that you had a stroke of luck and got a lemon truck. I can certainly understand your frustration. Personally, I haven't had any bad experiences with my truck that were a result of the truck components. My only bad experience was from bad fuel.

You've already got a bunch in it. So, I would stick with it a little longer and see how things go. However, you could always unload it and get a 6.4. The guys that have them love them and say there aren't nearly as many issues with it as the 6.0 can have.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It is entirely possible that you got a bad IPR from the dealer. It is also possible that your HPOP screen is torn and it is lettinglarge partiles into the HPOP and they ar clogging the IPR screen. When your friend takes it apart, ask him if the screen is really dirty or not. Then ask him to put a new one in and see if that fixes it. IF the screenis really dirty, then wither the dealership didn't install a new IPR screen with the new IPR (bvery stupid, but not too surprising), or your HPOP screen is torn and it is letting dirt clog the IPR screen...
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun_girl View Post
dr8082...yep if only it was a 7.3 lol When I called my mechanic friends last monday when it quit in the city they all said that right off the bat. I reminded them it was the 6.0 and I couldn't get that lucky. lol
Im sure the others on here can help ya...there is alot of diesel smart people on here. Anyway sorry for you bad luck and hope ya get it fixed....after all whats a girl without her truck...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.