its driver side against the fire wall. you cant miss it, ill try and post a pic to help you if I can figure out how to post it
Ok I went and looked at the truck today and I cant remember if there was any residue there or not. I did however have a few concerns with things that I have found on the truck and they are as follows.
1. The ABS and door open light stay on all the time, the truck does have a trailer brake controller installed so that may have something to do with the ABS light im not sure.
2. When I got in the truck and shifted it into drive, the indicator on the shifter guide went just past the "D". is that a magor problem.
3. I made sure I got to look at a cold truck, so when I arrived they siad the truck had been parked in the same spot for atleast a day, there was about a 4" circle of transmission fluid on the ground under the truck.
4. The truck started up just fine and sounded solid, I let it idle for about 20 minutes and during that time I didnt notice any fluids dripping from under the truck, I then gassed on it and there was no smoke coming from the exhaust. But after I took the truck for a drive and got it good and warmed up, I then parked it, left it running and i then noticed almost instantley that there were 6 ot 7 quarter size drops of oil that were coming from where the motor and transmision come together, now I dont know if thats what is leaking or if thats just where it is dripping off from somewhere else.
5. The owner said the truck ha had an EGR delete, APR head studs, and an oil cooler. The EGR sensor is still in place and he said that everything deleted was done internaly, is this correct. How can I check to make sure that everything he says has been done has really been done.
All in all the truck is in great shape inside and out, it ran solid and looks great. I offered him $9,000 depending on what a mechanic said about the oil leak and he agreed, that is if somebody else doesnt try and buy it first. What should I do.