What to do - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do

Hey guys i have a stock 05 6.0 about 4 weeks ago i lost a gallon and half of coolant somewere i have no clue were it went so i filled it up and hasnt dropped yet, Today While i was towing a decent load my ABS light came on and had a funny noise coming from the motor or the turbo i cant explain the way it sounded, turbo guage on the dash was reaching about 23 psi when i stepped on the pedal, the truck never got hot , idk what the deal is. Im not for one to take apart things unless its broken but the truck has 164,000 miles on and bought it in october of last year the only thing that has been done to it to my knowledge was a new hpop. I use my truck as a dd as i will be driving 90 miles round trip to work starting in about a month. And right now i dont need my truck that much as i work for a landscaping company and have the winters off. What do you guys think i should do just spend the money now that i have it and have them go thru and replace head gaskets now and add the arp studs and delete the egr or should i just drive it til she blows if it ever does blow. I just hate to have my truck blow driving to work this summer and have to bug the grandparetns to let me borrow one of there cars to get back and forth to workm Thanks for your info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM

Forgot to mention i did have a lack of power it would come and go i could put the pedal to the floor and would hardly get up and go
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Need gauges to tell the health of the motor like the Edge Insight CTS or ScangaugeII to check ECT-EOT max spread 15* i think if you are at 10* your oil cooler is plugged need to check your boot hot side of the turbo could be cracked or hole in it a stock motor max 28lbs of boost most run 25lbs at WOT.
2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.