COOLANT LEAK in Front of my Truck 6.0L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation COOLANT LEAK in Front of my Truck 6.0L

Hi guys I have a question for you if anyone has an answer would be awesome!!!

So i had coolant shooting from my reserve bottle under heavy long pulls. someone told me i had Plugged EGR cooler,
SO i went and ordered ERG DELITE kit and changed a OIL cooler while i was there. put it all back together, drove for few days, and today i notice a 5 inch puddle of coolant under front of my truck.
DID my water pump blow up? why whould it do that ? didnt had coolant leaking from there before my ERG delite kit and oil cooler was changed
Also it shows P0678 Cylinder 8 Glow Plug Circuit Error code, I did changed the glow plug, but i still have that code showing, truck starts good even with the code any idea on that one also.

Here are some specs on my 2004 F350 King Ranch 145000
Full Turbo back exhaust
Performance K&N Filter
Bully Dog Chip with Outlook monitor that i'm running on Low settings all the time.
Had ERG Delite KID and OIL cooler changed recently
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You may not have gotten the front water port for the egr sealed back off or damaged the o-ring. May have forgotten a clamp on something you had taken off.
You also could have damaged the seal on the water pump, when the egr cooler/oil cooler boils it increases the overal coolant systemp temps and pressure, and may have blown the seal on the pump.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well this is the ERG delite kit i have purchased, it's pretty basic set up

http://www.mkmcustoms.com/basic60pow...esolution.aspx

i looked all over where i installed the kit and no leaks there , i notice small coolant drop on one of the pulleys under the front of the truck right below the waterpump,i assume that it dripped from the weep hole of the water pump down lower pulley, aslo if you look from the top of the engine it's tilted back so if there was anything leaking from EGR it would run down the back of the engine in my opinion.
All my temperatures on my cluster panel are between HOT and COLD, i notice it takes longer for coolant gauge to warm up, they they told me when i delite the EGR engine will run 200-300 cooler so maybe that's why...
I just hope its not the water pump because i'm allready over 2000$ in parts this year
Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 AM

yes running hot exhaust gas through the coolant will help heat the coolant up somewhat quicker. the coolant is only 195 so the 2-300# would be the exhaust and in reality I don't think people have seen that sort of drop from a EGR delete
Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yah i was thinking same thing about that 200-300 i read that at the bulletproof website, but they say whatever just to sell the stuff.
but it does warm up longer than it used to.
Today i purchased water pump from autozone for 117$ lifetime warranty, installed it will see if i notice any drips of coolant tomorrow. But the old waterpump propeller was rubbing on back of the engine waterpump case, i guess shaft was bent or something because propeller and the inside of the waterpump place on the engine was marks from rubbing each other.
So i guess it was a water pump leak.
About the glow plug, does anyone know any tutorial how to fix gpcm just like they have one for FICM. thx in adv.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM

or the bearing was loose enough to have misalignment issues
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua-usa View Post
well this is the ERG delite kit i have purchased, it's pretty basic set up

Basic Solution(TM) for Ford 6.0L Powerstroke With Sinister EGR Delete Kit, Oil Cooler and Intake Gaskets

i looked all over where i installed the kit and no leaks there , i notice small coolant drop on one of the pulleys under the front of the truck right below the waterpump,i assume that it dripped from the weep hole of the water pump down lower pulley, aslo if you look from the top of the engine it's tilted back so if there was anything leaking from EGR it would run down the back of the engine in my opinion.
All my temperatures on my cluster panel are between HOT and COLD, i notice it takes longer for coolant gauge to warm up, they they told me when i delite the EGR engine will run 200-300 cooler so maybe that's why...
I just hope its not the water pump because i'm allready over 2000$ in parts this year
Who is "they"?

The factory gauge are useless. You need some sort of A/M gauge to monitor your temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ua-usa View Post
yah i was thinking same thing about that 200-300 i read that at the bulletproof website, but they say whatever just to sell the stuff.but it does warm up longer than it used to.
Today i purchased water pump from autozone for 117$ lifetime warranty, installed it will see if i notice any drips of coolant tomorrow. But the old waterpump propeller was rubbing on back of the engine waterpump case, i guess shaft was bent or something because propeller and the inside of the waterpump place on the engine was marks from rubbing each other.
So i guess it was a water pump leak.
About the glow plug, does anyone know any tutorial how to fix gpcm just like they have one for FICM. thx in adv.
BPD has a very good track record. IDK if they would make stuff up to sell product. Search "bulletproofdiesel" on here and you can see true feed back on there products.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant leak, water pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.