No door ajar warning when door is open - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No door ajar warning when door is open

So when I open the drivers door the radio stays on and I do not get a door ajar warning on the screen. When I open the passenger door it works as expected.

I did the WD40 trick and got no results so I removed the switch and tested it and it is working. It goes from open to about 30 ohms when closed. I checked the leads and the black will go to ground as expected but the yellow w/ black tracer will show open when taken to ground. I also checked for voltage on the yellow/black and got 0.

Does anyone know what the yellow/black should have on it and where it comes from? I am trying to figure this out and it seems to be isolated to the drivers door or a feed to the drivers door. All other functions work windows, locks, auto head lights. It seems to be the power delay relay but only the signal to de-energize from the drivers door.

Thanks

Dik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Premium Member

Nobody has any ideas?

Dik
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Premium Member

I got it figured out. The previous owner had cut the yellow/black wire from the keyless entry box, which also provides voltage to the door ajar switch and spliced in a relay for an alarm or something.

I took the relay out because it went nowhere and had the wires just dead eneded. unknowingly I disconnected the relay and did not realize what I was disconnecting. I soldered the yellow/black wire back together this morning and low and behold the door switch works as designed.

Now I am just waiting on my new switch since I broke the little tab of the switch and it wont stay in the door latch anymore

Dik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.