2002 World Class Pain in the ***! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2003 World Class Pain in the ***!

I bought this truck in April. 2003 F250 crew cab 6.0. Head gasket blew 5 hours after buying it.

month and a half ago it dies 90 miles from home. Thought was FICM...turned out to be a bad prong in one of the plugs....5 dollar fix....after the 200 dollar tow and 300 dollar shop bill to track down the problem

So NOW...Im on my way back from Oregon...328 miles from home...it just loses power going down the freeway at 70...tiny hill and i drop to 40 mph. I pull off and as soon as I come to a stop it shudders and dies. wont start again.

No oil in coolant res. or coolant in oil. no smoke. also no pressure as I'm cranking the engine. Any ideas? I'm ready to shoot this money pit with a bazooka!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by andrewr6; 08-17-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

are you sure your trucks not an 2003 model truck thats when ford started putting 6.0s in thier trucks. now back to your problem i would do an egr delete and replace your oil cooler usually your egr becomes plugged and it builds pressure in the heads and causes blowen head gaskets. hope this helps
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Oilfield Trash

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 444 ci View Post
are you sure your trucks not an 2003 model truck thats when ford started putting 6.0s in thier trucks. now back to your problem i would do an egr delete and replace your oil cooler usually your egr becomes plugged and it builds pressure in the heads and causes blowen head gaskets. hope this helps
^^^^^^^^^WHS^^^^^^^^^
Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah brain fart. I have a 2002 bike and 2003 truck...crossed the dates lol.

I don't think I can do the egr delete living in Cali with all the smog regs that just went into effect on diesels now. I have an upgraded oil cooler and the egr was just replaced when I did the head gaskets. Someone has mentioned a high pressure oil leak to me recently....could the sudden power loss and then not starting at all be a symptom of something like that? And if yes what kind of cost is ussually involved with that?
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What do you mean by upgraded oil cooler? As far as chasing down a high pressure oil leak, you will need access to a diagnostic scanner (Ford IDS, Snap On or AutoEnginuity) in order to perform some tests. I'll get you a link to several GREAT write ups on how to diagnose your "No Start" issue.

On Edit: Here's a link to one of the sticky's. LINK

Last edited by Evil Eye; 08-17-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.