No Power / 2 PSI of Boost Max - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Power / 2 PSI of Boost Max

Well, after letting my struck sit for about a month until I had the money for a new alternator and stearing gear I get everything back together and take her for a drive and I have no power. The RPM's will go way up without shifting and the only way to get it to shift is to just keep pushing the RPM's up until it finally does or let off the gas a litttle. Also as hard as I try the max boost I've been able to get up to is 2 PSI's and I can barely get that its mostly just at 0-1. I'm about to just take this truck to Ford and let them figure it out. But, I really don't want to spend all that money.. any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also, I'm not pulling any fault codes from my Edge programmer
Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke Techie

2 PSI?! Even if the turbo was hung up it should be making more boost then that. I'd start with checking the MAP/boost sensor. It's mounted on the passenger side, on top of the AC/heater box. Check the hose from the intake manifold to the sensor. Also look over the wiring. If it's been sitting wonder if something got to chewing on the wires.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I checked the MAP sensor which is snug also followed the hose to the intake everything looks good there also. Wiring all looks fine... There is a few things that are not right though that I can't figure out I'm not sure that this would make a difference but heres some pics...

Ok the black plastic hose I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it back on past the circular lip that it has on there. I feel like an idiot... what the hell am I missing?

And then there is this cable that isn't hooked to anything, its in the same wiring loom as the air filter sensor but, I don't see anywhere too connect to or even know if it was connected to anything at all prior to me tearing all this stuff out.

I'm not sure if either of this would have much to do with my problem. But, I hope so.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Powerstroke Techie

So before you parked it it ran good? And the only thing you did was an alternator and a steering box?

The boost hose going to the intake is a ***** to get on. I stand on the drivers side and push on it really hard. Just make sure the clamp is loose and push the heck out of it and it should pop on the rest of the way. You might be leaking boost here.

Do you hear anything rushing off when it's revved up? Like something is leaking boost? Or is it just like it won't even try and build any boost?

That connector is normal on the newer trucks. They redid the inlet air temp sensor and did away with the whole MAF sensor but for some reason the plug is still on the wiring harness.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, I ended up getting that damn hose back on. Put a light coat of oil around the rim on the inside of it and tried as hard as I could to push it on still couldn't get it so I said screw it and kicked it and it popped right on. Just my luck that when I was tightening down the clamp I was gonna go one more turn and I busted the clamp! But, needless to say the hose is on there and that was definitely the problem. Seems like the truck is running just fine now well, except its a little hesitant to shift into 4th and 5th maybe after I drive it a little bit more the tranny will relearn.... hopefully.. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Haha, they are a pain to get on! Pretty much need to hit it to get it to pop on. Really you just need to snug down those clamps too. They don't really bottom out like a normal bolt would. Well you can bottom them out, but they usually break, as you found out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.