Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No power below 1800 rpm's

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  eagledieselmedic 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I am new to the forum as well as ford diesels. I just traded my van for a 2004 f250 2wd x-cab it ran great but on day 2 i was sitting in traffic and it started skipping. Now it has no power taking off until i get over 1800 rpm then it runs great. Once it is in overdrive and rpm drops it sputters and shakes until it down shifts. Here is a list of everything I know about the truck

127k miles
2 new batteries installed on 8/6/11
new injectors per PO
new ficm looks new and i tested it yesterday 47.7 at key on, crank and run
removed egr and cleaned now has been unplugged for 50 miles and no codes
it has no CEL or codes
runs the same with ICP unplugged
runs the same with egr unplugged
all fuses good
temp on scanner is 194*
starts right up (about 2 seconds)
no smoke at idle, driving or when i open it up
any ideas of something i may have overlooked Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
check your trans line pressure i noticed in mine after installing a programer it ran wild and then stoped and theres no code that pops up for that not that im aware of or found now the skipping thing i would change the oil your injectors run off oil psi you could be low spend some money and get rev x additive or hot shots secret that helps alot and use the motor craft filters on all your filters and last change your fuel filter one thing ive learned about these trucks is fluids and filters is key

#3 ·
Just a guess but do you think it could be the variable geometry turbo actuator going bad. If it does not open and close in a timely manner due to sticking or just a bad actuator it will be very, very sluggish as low speed and rpm. Kind of like trying to start pedeling a 10 speed bike in gear 7.

The link has the turbo diagnostic document in pdf, may shed some light.
DTS Articles - Coffee Table Books

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.