Help. Extremely High EGT. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help. Extremely High EGT.

Hi, I have an 05 F250 6.0.

I was driving earlier today and my EGT jumped up to 2400+F and stayed up there. Once in a while this will happen but it will drop right back down to
600 - 800 and I assume its just a glitch, but this time it stayed and
was bouncing all over the place anywhere from 1500 - 2500 so i turned around and drove home and shut the truck off. Came back about 5 hours later to see
if it resolved itself and seemed to. I was driving on the mileage tune before, but this time I bumped it up to the race tune and a really got on it. Only this time the EGT got no higher than 950. By the way im getting these readings from an edge w/ attitude. EOT and ECT are both fine. Boost is all good.

Is this something i should worry about or do these tuners tend to be glitchy and misread occasionally?

Any Helps is appreciated.
Thanks, Adam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
I would say it is something wrong with your edge, there's no way I can see your trucks EGTs getting that out of whack just all of a sudden... Especially just driving and having it jump way up then come back down, maybe it's a issue with the probe or wiring but I would bet it's a problem with the edge it's self
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's the temperature probe. There is ZERO chance that your exhaust is getting to 2400 degrees because of the Edge, unless you have a friggin acetylene bottle hooked up. The gauge converts electrical resistance in the probe to temperature so there is a spot somewhere in the wire where it is shorting out causing the resistance to jump around. Also, keep in mind that if you shorten the wire to the probe you will also affect the resistance and cause an improper reading. I don't know how much of an error it will produce but it will be some kind of small error.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:38 PM
The Silent Service

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would say its a faulty EGT probe / or an issue with wiring. 2400* and you'd have more than just the Edge telling you its hot, you'd be melting a blowing parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.