Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone experienced this?

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  JUGERNAUT 
#1 ·
on my 05, the service light will come on after driving on the highway usually 20 minutes in. The light wont come on when im in the city. When i stop and turn the truck off, to plug my reader to it, the light goes off and there are no codes?:dunno: I recently had the MAP sensor and the exhaust back pressure sensor replaced by the dealership. Anyone got any ideas or a starting point besides taking it to the dealership and getting charged $150 to tell me whats wrong?

#2 ·
nope you tell them right up front that this never happened until this work was done. and it also might be codes that your reader wont pick up.what your are describing truly sound like the egr valve is sticking if it only happens at cruise. i will Look into this and get back to ya.

#4 ·
ok after some research there is a senario that could cause this. check all your fuses and make sure they are all good. you should have a keep alive memory fuse that is blown then any memory code would go away when key is off and would cause no code issue.at the momment im home so i dont have the books in front of me just 3 kids screaming at me lol.:doh:

#6 ·
Went to the dealership and got them to pull the code for me. The code was coming on because my oil and coolant temp were off. They drove the truck on the hwy and said there was a 21 degree differernce. Not good. I know the oil cooler is probably clogging up and causing the temp differnece. Heres my questions, Should i change the oil cooler and do a coolant flush after the new cooler is in or try the flush to unclog the cooler and see if that fixes it???

#17 ·
evidently there is a aftermarket maker out there and these are there brand. they are not as heavy as fords.

#20 ·
i think when i do one i will let idle for an hour then blast it for about 30 sec.even better blast it down the road. DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.