AC controls are dead WTF???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AC controls are dead WTF????

This is the 2nd time in 6 months this has happned, went to lunch and it worked, stopped to buy some Rangers tickets get back in truck and NADA, killed the motor and restarted several times and its still not back on.

Its an 05 Lariat CC F250, is their a recall for this? I have an extended warranty but would rather use that for the turbo as its starting to stick a little now and then. Truck has 62K on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 02:58 PM

Hey, same thing happened to me this past Sunday. I live in SD and we have been in the middle of a heat wave for a while, 100+. The day before it was just as hot but I have a habit of leaving the windows cracked about a inch or two, no problem. On sunday the windows were not open by the time it got the heat of the afternoon. I had to go help someone paint and noticed my climate control system wasn't powering on at all, no control of anything. I left the windows open while I was painting, the next time I got into the truck everything was working again. I am waiting to here from the dealer on this.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Its a vacuum line. My truck did this twice and there is a recall. The problem is that the vacuum line is routed around a sharp part of the dash and it rubs a hole in it. Here's a link 6.0 PowerStroke bulletins and put this in find. 2005/06 A/C or Ventilation Control Problems
Old 07-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
Its a vacuum line. My truck did this twice and there is a recall. The problem is that the vacuum line is routed around a sharp part of the dash and it rubs a hole in it. Here's a link 6.0 PowerStroke bulletins and put this in find. 2005/06 A/C or Ventilation Control Problems
Good to hear, the dealership has it now.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Banned

I had this happen last week. I don't think it's vacuum related since the entire unit was dead. It's not an issue of vents not switching like they should. The screen on the climate control is blank, no lights or anything. I restarted the truck with my fingers crossed and still nothing. With the truck running, I pulled the fuse for the climate control, re-inserted it and voila! it started working again. It hasn't happened since.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:08 AM

Of course mine is an OBS so probably not the same. But my ac quit blowing out like normal. It would blow out of the defrost vents.
Found out that it was the actual switch that selects normal/max/vent ect.
It is a combination electrical/vacuum switch. I got frustrated and just by passed it.
I ordered a new one, but Ford only has sent me the fan speed control. Twice.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Premium Member

Man, you have to love the extended warranty, they are replacing the AC head unit, cleaning or maybe replacing the turbo and replacing my back pressure sensor. $200.00 is all its going to cost if they replace the turbo.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck has done this on multiple occassions. Climate control will be working fine when I shut the truck off, and then sometimes when I start it again it's not working. Display doesn't light up and none of the controls work. I've always shut if off, waited about 15 seconds and started it again and it's back on.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
I had this happen last week. I don't think it's vacuum related since the entire unit was dead. It's not an issue of vents not switching like they should. The screen on the climate control is blank, no lights or anything. I restarted the truck with my fingers crossed and still nothing. With the truck running, I pulled the fuse for the climate control, re-inserted it and voila! it started working again. It hasn't happened since.
I had mine the body shop and the same thing happened. Pulled the fuse, put it back in and it worked
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM

Same problem here and it has also happened to my radio. After shutting it off and on a few times it all seems to come back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.