Brand new engine 6.0 installed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brand new engine 6.0 installed need help!!!

So i installed a rebuilt engine, and i can get it started and it will idol for at least 30 minutes, but then i go to drive it and 5 miles down the road it will start having problems getting up to 50 and then it will finally die. The first time it did this, i towed it home and the next weekend i opened the fuel bowl to hear a gush of air come out. I emptied the fuel bowl made sure diesel was coming threw and then put some mystic oil in the bowl itself. The damn thing fired right up ( i didn't drive it when i started it up), i went to break in the motor this weekend and again 5 miles down the road it did the same damn thing had problems getting up to 50 the 3rd time around for the break in process and then just died on me. I tried seeing if air was in the fuel bowl again but i didn't notice a gush of air this time so i put the cap back on and it cranked but didn't start. I did notice that the fuel bowl was extremely hot! Is it suppose to be? Lets see its an 03 F250 cc 6.0 with an egr delete and a turbo back 4 in straight piped. Anybody know what it might be? I was actually on my way to trade this truck in. If anyone in the Magnolia/ Plantersville, TX area has the AE software and would be willing to come out and read my truck, i would pay for your service ( or even the gas and some beer if you drink)i just cant afford the 360 right now.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by coolsun; 02-23-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: make it easier to understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Your fuel line somewhere is suckin in air.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 PM

if there is a air leak in the fuel line wouldnt it still die if it was just idling?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM

How could i find the air leak?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
scuffs *****

Send a message via AIM to Tyler
Do an "air-leak" test somewhere on the fuel system. Special adapter that fits into an air hose and you just listen for air leaking.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:23 PM

Ok i will post an update this weekend when i get down to my truck.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 10:04 AM

OK so here's the update... I went and bought a tool for the fuel pressure test but it wouldn't hook up. So i said screw it and took it to a mechanic cause im tired of dealing with this truck. well when he went to hook up the computer to it he couldnt sync the computers said this is the first time this has happened to him so he told me it was the ficm. Well he went out there today and got the truck started and got the computer to sync up and everything was working correctly( he didn't change the ficm). Fuel pressure was good, volts all that stuff. So he said the only thing it can be is the motor. So my question is why didnt it sync the day before? and the all of a sudden it started working fine?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

To me it seems like a grand wire i just got finished installing a motor on mine and my did the same my injectors harness was just loose for the grand wire
Old 03-03-2011, 03:25 PM

i will check it out thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM

So the mechanic went out to do a compression test on the motor and it is locked up!!! He also found the driver side glow plugs bent! What would cause that to happen?The motor company wants the mecanic to remove the motor (which he is going to charge 3500 and thats remove and reinstall). Then if it come back that it was the company that messed the motor up then they will fix it but wont reimburse for the R&R. If it was my fault ( not sure how that could be) all i have to do is pay for the parts. Any idea's. Oh one more question he is using the snap-on scanner... how good are these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.