Coolant problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant problem

SO my truck will not stop pooping coolant from the degas bottle cap. I have changed the degas bottle once the cap three times and ever hose so far... I'm not sure what the problem is and it's not all the time. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all and sometimes it will let out half a gallon. I know for a fact its coming from the cap because you can see the white stains it makes all around the hood and degas bottle. I do not use ford gold and never have used ford gold. I use prestone or what ever it's called 50/50. I'm not sure if this matters but my truck is an 03
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogs4Life View Post
SO my truck will not stop pooping coolant from the degas bottle cap. I have changed the degas bottle once the cap three times and ever hose so far... I'm not sure what the problem is and it's not all the time. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all and sometimes it will let out half a gallon. I know for a fact its coming from the cap because you can see the white stains it makes all around the hood and degas bottle. I do not use ford gold and never have used ford gold. I use prestone or what ever it's called 50/50. I'm not sure if this matters but my truck is an 03
Well it sounds like the old EGR cooler-HG- caused by a plugged oil cooler, it may just be the cooler but if you keep driving it it will be HG and if it gets to hot you could start dumping oil in the coolent. You could pull the EGR valve and see if it is wet if it is the EGR cooler is bad any white smoke at start up?
2 stroker
Old 12-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Serving Our Country!

No smoke ever... I took it to the dealer and they did a pressure test or what ever and they told me it was the cap lol so that was the third time I changed the cap if that makes in difference
Old 12-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogs4Life View Post
No smoke ever... I took it to the dealer and they did a pressure test or what ever and they told me it was the cap lol so that was the third time I changed the cap if that makes in difference
Well the only thing i can say is you are going to have to buy something like the Edge Insight for a 03-04 and see for yourself what kind of temp difference you have in the EOT-ECT and if you have more than 15* you have a plugged oil cooler. The EGR coolers in the 03-04 were the round style a lot better cooler than the later models with the no smoke your cooler is still good and you will have a good set of gauges. Every 6.0 should have a good set of gauges because when the ones on the dash move it's to late.
2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.