Replacing 6.0 Injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacing 6.0 Injectors

i have a 06 F-350 that the #1 and #6 injectors are out. anyone have detailed instructions on how to replace them. also what tool will i need and proper touque specs would be nice!!! if yall can help i would greatly apprciate it plus im new to this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Well I searched and cant find the thread with detailed instructions. Maybe someone else will have better luck than me. Normally you can find things using the search function on the black bar above with a few key words and it usually will get you to the right info you need. good luck
Old 12-29-2010, 03:11 PM

Send you a PM with procedures..send me your email if you want a document with photos
Old 12-29-2010, 04:52 PM

awesome thank you!!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 PM

email sent out
Old 12-30-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Well I searched and cant find the thread with detailed instructions. Maybe someone else will have better luck than me. Normally you can find things using the search function on the black bar above with a few key words and it usually will get you to the right info you need. good luck
Just a little FYI that you might be aware of: the Google Custom Search box under the powerstroke.org on the top left works 10x better than the forum search function. I only found it recently myself.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 06 that needs number 7 replaced as well. I was wondering if you would pm me the directions please?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have an 03 with a #5 injector failing... Would you mind sending that info too. Tried custom search but not seeing anything really detailed.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:16 AM

Some tips to save your sanity and religion

First off after the valve covers are removed plug the oil dain holes in the head with shop rags so no little parts can escape.

Second when removeing the oil rail pull up straight and level with a gental rocking motion. Inspect the o-rings for any damage. Set them aside on a clean surface and reinspect for trash before reinstalling. A good pactice is to change all o-ings anyway.

Caefully remove the electical connections without beaking anything. With time the plastic becomes very brittle.

The injectors need no special tool when you unscrew the mounting bolt it will jack the injector up out of the bore if it hangs a gentle tap with a small ball pean works. That and a gental rocking motion while comeing up.

Sometimes you need to losen the rockers a little for clearance. If you have to completely remove one, pay close attention to how it is assembled and do not loose the ball bearing.

If one is hard to pull inspect the bore for burrs o rough edges on the fuel ports. These will need to be removed with fine emery cloth before installing the new injectors, don't want to cut the new o-rings.

Be shure and get all of the copper washers out of the bottom of the injector bores and install all new washers. A long bladed screw driver that just fits in the washer center a gental tap just to gouge into the copper and a rocking motion will work the washer out of the bore if one is stuck down there.

Simularly take a large srew drive with a blade the size of the washer od twirl it around to clean any carbon build up and a shot of wd-40 to wash it out and good to go. Now there is a special tool for this but the screw driver works nearly as well and a lot cheaper as well.

At this point before reassembly I like to suck out any oil and fuel that may be sitting on top the pistons. A one man vacum brake bleed tool works good for this. I use a pice of 1/4 to 1/8 steel brake line about 18 in long with a slight kick bent about 3 in from the end and about a foot of hose to attach the line to the brake bleeder.

Insert the line untill it bottoms out on the piston, align the kick so it points towards the cylinder wall and suck out any liquid.

Hope this helps some.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This Video series is an excellent resource, helped me out a ton!
6.0 Liter Ford Powerstroke Injector Replacement, part I - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.