FICM code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM code

I scanned my truck for codes today and found P0264, P0267, P0273, P0282 and P0611. The P0611 is the FCIM and the others are low injector voltage on different injectors. The P0611 has been around for a couple of months but the others just poped up. The truck seems to run fine. I've checked the FICM voltage and it's 48v, that was a couple of weeks ago. I run a SCT tuner on an ecno tune. My question is what is the likelihood of re-flowing the solder in the FICM fixing the problem. I'd like to not spend the money for a new FICM if I don't have to.

Thank in advance for the help,
Lonnie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If your truck is still running fine and your FICM is testing out okay I don't see why you would need to do anything at this point?

Did these codes pop up after you last checked the FICM voltage? If so I'd verify that the FICM is still hitting 48v. If not, honestly I'd just clear the codes and keep trucking.

But then again, if you're handy with a soldering iron and feel like tinkering with it go ahead haha.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:22 PM

Well I went ahead a took the FICM apart to do the repair that I've found on this site and what I found was a resistor that was held on to the circuit board by just the amber goo. Once I removed the amber goo the resistor fell off of the circuit board. I re-soldered the resistor and all the other points on the board and the DTC codes have not come back. I've had a slight rough idle for about a year, I just thought it was an injector. The rough idle is now gone. Fuel mileage is up a little too.
I would like to say thank you to who ever posted the instructions for repairing the FICM, you saved me a ton of money.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just a heads up, I think that amber goo is to help against vibration.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:29 PM

I removed the amber goo from just the screws and the resistors that need to be reflowed, I left it around all the large parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.