heater issue getting fusturated - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
heater issue getting fusturated

hi guys i have been on here alot and followed every step that you guys have told me now im stumped. I fixed the vacum leak for my hubs and vents. now what the problem is when i floor it for a second or two it will start to blow cold for abought a minute or 2. The coolant is good, new rad cap,thermost, tempeture is normal, new head gasket and studs, its only when i step on it to pass or going up a hill. its like any time my rpms get around 2800 or 3000 it will blow cold and when i let off a bought a min or 2 it will be normal again but the temp stay normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2010, 03:20 PM

okay i have done everything now. i bypassed that valve that controls how much heaT that goes into the heater core. I bypassed it with a piece of 5/8 pipe and still same thing. Rad fluid is good, new thermosat, head gasket, studs, rad cap. everytime it blows cold its right after i accelerate fast or floor it to pass someone. If it was a head gasket like everyone says wouldn't there be anti freeze in my oil??? any other idea's people
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I say your heater core is clogged try flushing it
Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here is your other post that you stated the truck was Puking.coolant issue

Your not seeing oil/coolant mix because the headgasket failed somewhere between the cylinder and water jacket. Your getting Intermediate heat lose from air in the coolant system from the failed headgasket. When the piston compresses the fail headgasket is allowing exhaust gasses into the coolant system causing air pocket, these air pockets are causing you to not get any heat.

When you had the headstuds installed, you should of sent the heads out to be checked for flatness and cracks.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
not to derail but i have an uncle that has the 2007 and his heater just up and quit,then all of a sudden a week later it starts workin again,i really do hope his truck is fixxing to blow the hg's,ill have a good x-mass if it does!!!

and that head checkin thing is a serious issue,thats a whole lotta work fer absolutly nada
Old 12-07-2010, 06:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tvmechanic21 Send a message via Skype™ to tvmechanic21
I ain't no expert by no means, just want to try and help. Could a heater door in the heater box be loosing vacum, thus closing a door for the heater???? when you accelerate can you check to see if the heater hoses are warm and have hot water slill flowing through them? I am notorious for taking sumfin simple and trying to make it complicated!! LOL
Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
dont know bout dude up top,but yes the heater hoses are hot to the touch
Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman111 View Post
I say your heater core is clogged try flushing it
In the other thread that he started, he stated that the truck was Puking. I don't believe a clogged heater core will cause Puking symptoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.