Injector and Glowplug removal - help needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Injector and Glowplug removal - help needed

I have a 2006 F250 that is throwing a consistent injector #4 contribution/balance code as well as an intermittent #3 code for the same reason. The truck has 128k on the ticker so I have opted to go ahead and just replace all the injectors at once. I am going to go ahead and swap out the glow plugs at the same time, just for good measure. My questions are these:

1: Is there an alternate tool or method for disconnecting the high pressure oil line other than using the Ford tool #303-755?

2: Is there an alternate tool or method for unplugging the wiring harness from the glow plug other than Ford tool #303-1114?

Both of these tools are ridiculously expensive for a tool that I will use only a couple times at most.

Any suggestions for the above questions are appreciated, as are pointers and tips for any other portion of this project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i dont know about the tools BUT on the passanger side i hear that you need to loosen the heater box to get glowplugs 5 and 7 out.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wojo, Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind.

As for my original questions, do all the do-it-yourselfers buy the ford tools for $100+ each, or are there some less expensive alternative options out there?
Old 11-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

An 06 would not have a stc-style oil line under the valve cover. It will have a 10mm hex head standpipe and 10mm dummy plug on each oil rail that should be replaced if possible especially the dummy rail plugs to ensure no future failure. The glow plug tool is useful but since you will have the valve cover off you can use a small pry bar to pry the glow plug connector off the glow plug from inside the valve cover to ensure you don't mess up the glow plug harness.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ajpu1983, Thank you! That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'm glad I can get by without sinking $$ into those tools. Friday, after Thanksgiving, I will be dropping in the full set of injectors. Hopefully that resolves my cold start/smoking issue and the DTC codes. Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
depending on the mileage a glow plug harness removal tool may or may not help you. the harness ends tend to get froze in there and the tool just breaks off the tabs anyways. good thing you'll have the oil rail off you should just be able to pop the bus bar out from the inside.

I would definitely get a set of dummy plugs to do while your in there. the standpipes are up to you but they don't wear out as much. the oil rail bolts are T30 and the ones under the evap box are tricky to get to. a little ratcheting 1/4" bit driver works well. also whether you have a early or late build 06 will determine whether your injector hold downs are T40 or T45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.