Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

power steering and brake problems

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jwsland 
#1 ·
was at a bonfire last night, nice big open field to play around in whatever. i avoided the huge mud pits everyone was rompin in but on my way out i did about 10 doughtnuts in the wet grass. on the ride home i noticed when i hit the brakes or just barley tap them i hear a horrible humming noise, abs? and the wheel wont turn very well. it was a fight to get the truck into the driveway. power steering fluid looks okay. :confused:

#2 ·
Hmm the pump might have gone out. The powerbrake system uses powersteering pressure, and your powersteering maybe weak because the pump went out.

#3 ·
i wasnt really beatin on it that hard, and for a power steering pump to go out, i dunno. i'm not quite sure what would make the pump go (doughtnuts maybe? :rolleyes:), the truck only has 30k. i hear the same humming noise when i turn the wheel or hit the brakes.

#4 ·
That would be the powersteering pump. If it is only got 30,000 take it to the dealer it is under warranty let them fix it.

#5 ·
Take it in for warranty. Check underneath look for anything bent, make sure the wheel speed sensor is ok, check hoses and lines.

#6 ·
dont forget to wash the mud and grass out fromt he underneith too.:whistle:

#7 ·
gotta love that warranty

#8 ·
thanks for the help. shes washed up and after an inspection i found no dedris lodged in anywhere, no cut/ bent lines. i have no idea where the wheel speed sensor is. calling the dealership monday.

#9 ·
whats the humming noise when i touch the brakes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.