Truck sputters and lacks power at WOT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Truck sputters and lacks power at WOT

Hello again tech forum... not my favorite place to post, but always extremely helpful!
I've recently noticed that my truck has the coolant overflow problem, better known as puking. Well now, it seems that within the first 5 minutes of driving my truck, after it has been sitting, if I get on the loud pedal, it sputters and just doesn't have power. Is this another side effect of head stud and gasket problems? I'm going to take it in soon, I just want to know what to have the tech look in to.
thanks as always friends!

-nate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow you described my problem perfectly.lots of noise on wot but no power wot with looney tune.street looney is good,but the looney seems to smoke but no power.I noticed i puked today,not much but got scared.Also wondering if it is a sigh of bad tings to come.I dont hall at all,and when i got to work and noticed the antifreeze,i opened the degress bottle and there was pressure on it.No oil in it but looked like their was little black fileings in it at bottom.Defianatly looked to be metal of some sort.Hope this isnt a highjack,just seem like we could use a comon answer.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:11 AM
Banned

No hijack in any way... thanks for the bump. no one got back yet, so it was worth it! hope we both find our problem out

-nate
Old 05-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just checked today when i got to work and it was dry.I usually drive 70-80 miles per hour.i was pretty worried about it.I would of thought thAT ONE OF THE GREAT MINDS WOULD OF SPOKE UP BY NOW.sorry to hear about your truck ,anouther bump for you.I think once it pukes it is just a sigh of more to come.Lets hope not.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the lack of power problem also...but I am not loosing coolant out of the resivoir.

Had a few responses to my posts but none of them held the cure.Maybe I can find the cure riding along with you guys.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

lack of power cold is usually injector related and will be easily fixed with ford's latest reflash that uses "inductive heat stratigy" to keep the injectors from sticking cold...
Old 05-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Been to the dealer had the latest re-flash and did not help my truck one bit.

Dealer blames the lack of boost on my "aftermarket" air intake and exhaust system.Took it to another dealer and they can not fix my truck because of what the first dealer put on a "oasis report to Ford"...2nd dealer will not get paid for waranty work to cure this problem on my truck because of what was put into the report to Ford on my problem.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via MSN to adambosco
Yeah my truck had some of those same problems but mine would also not want to shift unless I let up on the throttle. Had it at ford and they couldn't find any codes but after I guess 8 hours of diagnostics they found that I had an intermittent injector. They replaced it and gave me my truck. But next morning guess what? Same symptoms from when I gave it to them. This must be a fix less problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.