Tuner/Programmer questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Tuner/Programmer questions

Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum but not new to the 6.0L. I have had my share of problems, mainly ones that have to do with loss of power/surging normal driving in town and most seem to have everything to do with the EGR valve. I have read a lot of differnt posts about cleaning them and will try this tonight. I have also read where many people sugget getting the SCT that shuts the valve off or disconnecting the EGR altogether. What is the SCT model that does this? What does SCT stand for? Is it a Superchips tuner? I have my truck in to the dealer for this same problem at least 5 times. The problem is VERY hit and miss(won;t have any problems then it will do it once or twice then not again for a long time) I have the latest ECM program. My truck is totally stock and was purchased new by me so no one has fooled with it. 04 Supercrew 6.0L bone stock(38,000miles). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the site!

SCT stands for Superchips Custom Tuning. They are not the Superchips you are thinking of. This is a seperate company. You are looking for a custom SCT Xcal2. All of the custom Xcal2's we sell have the EGR disabled unless otherwise requested. For your situation I would get the SCT with the three tunes you like (with EGR disabled of course) and an EGR delete plate. The delete plate will block off the EGR totally, and the SCT will keep you from getting check engine lights for deleting it. This is a very popular combination that we sell everyday. This is what I run on my personal truck as well.

I'm sure others will chime in with there opinions as well, but I'm sure most will agree.

If you have any questions post away, or you can give a jingle.

Again...Welcome to the .ORG!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all of the info!!! I will be in touch
Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

yes sct is the only way to go i have this on my truck with the eco tune and street tune and the looney tune for djs, and i am sure that dpp has the same tunes and more with the same results and i am sure you will love it as the rest of us do. good luck buddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.