Surging, Studdering - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Surging, Studdering

I have a 04 F250 6.0...for about a month now i've been trying to trouble shoot this studdering, lack of power when getting into the throttle. I've been checking out the forums and trying alot of things that have been mentioned. I've changed the EGR valve, tested the FICM... it has 48.5 at iginition on, start up and when revved up to 1500 rpm...never changed. So i think it's good. My question is has anyone heard of or changed the excelerator pedal sensor?? i guess that's what it's called. I'm new to diesels and have a friend that said he can check this?! Any help will be greatly appreciated to this Newbie..you all are great and very knowledgable. I'm very frustrated...I guess this is the next step and maybe checking out the injectors? Just did an oil change, changed fuel filters and added some Rev-x. Want my PS to yank hard again..and not studder. Thanks all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dude I have the same problem on my 04 PS. Put new batteries, check FICM, and alt. all was good. The only thing I can think of is the excelerator sensor or the injectors too. Dont know.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

need to put this truck on a scanner and see what codes are possibly in memory
Old 05-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

I have the same Problem here..... what codes should we look for?
Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I just picked my truck up from the dealer yesterday, it had been in for a similar problem. Actually this was the second time to the dealer in the last 2 weeks for the same problem
Mine had a shudder/stutter or I guess you could call it a miss, but it was around 2000rpm and up, when accelerating or under load. I was sure it was a bad injector.
(excuse me if I don't get all the terminology right when I explain what they did)
First time they diagnosed a HPOP pressure fluctuation and changed out both oil feed pipes to the oil rails and the dummy plugs (said there was a new design with the check valves relocated). This did reduce the problem but it wasn't completely gone, so after driving it for a week I scheduled another appointment.
Yesterday when I picked it up (and went out and talked to the diesel tech), he said it still was a problem related to the high pressure oil system, this time they diagnosed a faulty IPR (injection pressure regulator) he said it apparently was not holding constant or correct oil pressure and was letting it fluctuate.
In any case on the drive home there was no sign of a miss or stutter, time will tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.