Check Gage and Tow Haul light just came on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check Gage and Tow Haul light just came on

Was wondering if someone has had this issue, search the treads, but could not find it. Yesterday, I was driving and my check engine light came on and my tow haul light was flashing. When I tried to push my tow haul button on the shifter, nothing happened and it kept blinking, however is does go back and forth into tow/drive mode. My programer did not pick up any new codes. The truck drove the same and I did not notice anything different, except the annoying flashing light/s on my dash. My transmission read on my edge showed and negative temperature reading (very strange). If I shut off the truck and turn it back on...it goes off, but several miles later, it does it again (lights come on and temp is messed up). If I put it in park everything goes to normal.

I'm pretty sure it is my transmission sending unit sensor. I have no idea where it is located to check on it. How hard is it to replace? Really don't want to go to the dealer since I just spent a fortune on my boat's service and would rather do it myself if I could.

Any suggestions would be beneficial since I am 5 hours from my house with my truck and need to drive home. Don't want stall in the middle of the desert.

Last edited by medplus; 04-24-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's the sending unit in the transmission. Mine went out a while ago and my mech. Gauge read normal but the temp gauge on my sct read negatuve just like your edge. I haven't fixed mine yet but I've been told it's like a 75 dollar part and you need to drop your trans pan. And while your in there you might as well change the filter on the inside and outside and throw in fluid. So it will be around 200 or more total
Old 04-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh30 View Post
It's the sending unit in the transmission. Mine went out a while ago and my mech. Gauge read normal but the temp gauge on my sct read negatuve just like your edge. I haven't fixed mine yet but I've been told it's like a 75 dollar part and you need to drop your trans pan. And while your in there you might as well change the filter on the inside and outside and throw in fluid. So it will be around 200 or more total
I assume no problems with driving on it for a while. It's time for a trans service anyways, so that's good news. I was a little nervous it might be something bigger.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.