Please help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:29 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please help!!!

Driving home today on the hwy about 60-65 truck went into a bad head shake (lucky I didn't wreck) After I slowed down got it under control and went to hit the gas...I now have power loss. Lifted the truck and it needs new frontend parts so I went and bought new balljoints front shocks and new front hubs to keep from the head shake again. Thought I should jus do all at once since I have it all torn aparts.

My problem is the loss of power. It will start and idle rough. I can drive it but it is slow slow slow to get moving. It does not smoke at all. I am thinking fuel filter. Any thoughts?

It's a 2004 f250 CC 4x4 157k miles. Egr cool delete (egr valve still in but unpluged). Thanks for any help guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 05:32 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

it wont be your fuel filter , never is , need to get a scanner on this truck and see what codes are coming up, if its that bad , it hould give you a code and give you a starting point
Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
did you get the power loss after all the shaking?.. was the shaking caused by the motor or failing suspension parts?.. if it was the parts then maybe sumpin shook loose?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Lost the power just after it stopes shaking and the shaking was from the susp. The ball joints were trash and the niddle bearing really bad too. I will look and see if user something lose or that came off but what do yo think came lose to cause this? Turbo pipes are all connected and still tight. Also, how much does it cost to get a scan? I am in the Dallas TX area
Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
most dealerships will scan ya for around 75 bux...i hope ya find it.... i know what its like when supmin goes wrong and you cant find it.. good luck and keep us posted
Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM

Thanks guys. I will keep you posted
Old 06-12-2010, 11:43 PM

Okay guys. Got the truck out of the shop today (truck had to sit a while so I could save to pay for repairs). I replaced the ball-joints myself and that took out the head shake. I got it to the shop and they said the rought idle and not wanting to go was 5 bad injectors. Instead of just replacig the 5 I bought all 8 and had him replace them.

I replaced the 8 injectors HPOP and the balljoints to get the truck back in running order. I do have 2 more questions that you guys might be able to help with.

1: The truck still has a rough idle but its not that bad. Its a really light roughness (not a big deal o me). When I am going 50-60 the whole truck has a shake to it if I am easy on the throtle but if I floor it or let off completely the the shake goes away. The mach said to give it a few days and this should go away. The question is, what could this be from?

2: The ball joints went in great and could not be happier with the job I did. The only thing I dont like is that I noticed that front tires lean in a little at the top. Why would it do this after I install the new ball joints? Could it be alignment issue?

Thanks again guys and sorry it took so long for the update. Just had to save the money up. Cant wait for my baby to run 100% again.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes an alignment should have been done when finished all those repairs...Should never
have a toe in or toe out, that makes for bad wear on the tires..
Old 06-13-2010, 12:17 AM

Thats what I thought. I will take it in Monday to have that done.

Any ideas on the motor running a little rough still?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Could be an injector , Mine was doing this a few weeks back and dealer
replaced #4 injector under warranty all is great now. When I started mine I felt a
small shake to the engine and that's what it was . Remember anything the oil touches on
our engines is covered under the 100K warranty .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.