Thinking of buying. Need the expert input. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thinking of buying. Need the expert input.

Well, my wife wants to get a camper and I have 4 kids. So, all the campers that my expedition can pull are too small for the family. Now here I am on a quest for a truck that can handle a 5th wheel. I came across an 04 King cab Lariat 4WD dually. It's probably more truck than I'm looking for but the price aint bad. The truck is a repo with 210,000 miles and a 6.0L engine. I know of all the problems ford had with this engine around this year. I'll run a carfax later but I'm kind of thinking that with that kind of mileage and the engine is still running strong, those issues may have been resolved. The looks of it really hooked me. It's a beautiful truck.
I just want to hear from some experts and others who have had experience with this. If all else fails, I found a backup. It's a 2000 2WD with the 7.3. Looks pretty nice but it's not red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you become a premium member here you can pull an Oasis. Forget the carfax. The oasis report will tell you if Ford has worked on the truck for warranty repairs and recalls and all that good stuff. Get that first and see what has been done to the truck.

A lot of guys will tell you to just get the 7.3 but I know plenty of people with great running 6.0's
Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks JMart.
That's good info about the oasis. I may do that for sure. I have a good feeling about this truck. I've never owned a 4WD or a diesel and this one is both so I'm going into uncharted territory for me. I'm a "5.0 stroke it out make it go fast" kind of guy. I'm starting to get into restoring fox bodies more hence another reason for the truck. I can get this truck for $7500 to $8500 but I have to wait for some title issues to clear up. I think it will be worth the wait. If you guys are as personable and helpful as the folks over at the stang threads then I'll be right at home here........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.