Oil Cooler Torque? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil Cooler Torque?

Anyone know what the torque specs for the oil cooler mounting bolts are? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unhappy Anyone know the specs?Help

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help. I am in process of replacing turbo, egr delete, 4" stainless turbo back, oil cooler rebuild, icp sensor replacement, etc..... If anyone can tell me the torque specs for the oil cooler mounting bolts and intake man. bolts that would be great. Thanks from a newbie.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester825 View Post
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help. I am in process of replacing turbo, egr delete, 4" stainless turbo back, oil cooler rebuild, icp sensor replacement, etc..... If anyone can tell me the torque specs for the oil cooler mounting bolts and intake man. bolts that would be great. Thanks from a newbie.

just did this job myself. This data comes straight from all data

instructions go along with intake pic
1 Loosely install bolts 1-8.
2 Tighten bolts 9-16 to 11 Nm (8 ft. lbs.) .
3 Tighten all bolts to 11 Nm (8 ft. lbs.) in the sequence shown.

hope this helps and good luck. If you have any further questions just let me know.

GOOD LUCK
Attached Thumbnails
Oil Cooler Torque?-intake.jpg   Oil Cooler Torque?-oil-cooler.jpg   Oil Cooler Torque?-oil-cooler2.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it very much.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad I could help. How did it turn out? Have had mine back on the road for a week now and its running like a demon.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Did you guys replace the Screen in the sump with a new Ford plastic mesh screen, or did you go with the metal replacement screen. Any idea how to get the Fan schroud off? I am right in the middle of a Oil cooler change, EGR Cooler change. One of the six sections of my factory screen was gone, two sections were broke.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstoke1 View Post
Did you guys replace the Screen in the sump with a new Ford plastic mesh screen, or did you go with the metal replacement screen. Any idea how to get the Fan schroud off? I am right in the middle of a Oil cooler change, EGR Cooler change. One of the six sections of my factory screen was gone, two sections were broke.
Due to time and money issues I went back with the ford poslastic screen I had a section blown out in mine as well. Don't know if you looked into it or not but I did an EGR delete. I have been very pleased with it. I also went a little further and added an EDGE programer/gauge setup so I could monitor my eot/ect just so I could catch it in time if I had the oil cooler plugging up again. In the process of making a coolant filter system. I would definitely recommend one and flushing the crap out of the system. I couldn't believe the amount of muck that I got out of my system even after 9 times of flushing it.

shroud removal from all data
7.Disconnect the upper radiator hose and the radiator overflow hose.
8.Remove the shroud.
•Move the radiator forward.
•Pull up on the shroud evenly, and remove the shroud from the radiator

hope that helps you.. havent pulled mine yet so thats all I can offer. Pics are attached to go with the instructions.

good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails
Oil Cooler Torque?-shroud-01.jpg   Oil Cooler Torque?-shroud-1.jpg   Oil Cooler Torque?-shroud-2.jpg   Oil Cooler Torque?-shroud3.jpg  
Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

cooler kit

whos cooler removal kit did you use, change uppipe? did u leave the EGR in place? If not is it throwing codes? What year is your Truck?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:42 PM

to get the shroud out you have to take the positive battery cable that's in front of the radiator loose. Get it out from between the radiator and support. Then remove the upper radiator mounts(2 8mm bolts on each). Remove upper radiator hose and smaller hose that goes to bottle. Remove the 2 8mm bolts from the forward portion of shroud. Push the radiator forward and pull up on the front portion of the shroud. You have to force it past the upper radiator hhose nipple. After you get that part out there are 4 15 mm bolts that hold the rear portion of the shroud in. Remove those and take a straight chisel and loosen the fan clutch. Disconnect the connector for the fan and take the fan and rear part of shroud out together. I think that is it.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is the Fan regular thread, like a bolt, right handed thread?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.