truck acts like its running out of fuel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
truck acts like its running out of fuel

I ran out of feul on friday and was hell hitting it started after filling up but ran fine after. two days later it started running like it was running out of fuel again. i know i have a full tank but it sounds and acts exactly like it does when i am running out on the last drop. It starts fine but chugs and will run but very under powered and chugs just like i am aboiut empty. Doesnt matter if i am cruising on the highway or putting around town or just ideling it chugs like it running out. Any ideas. SCT says no codes are present. I have fuel in the 2nd filter housing and got about 2K on the filters.????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i noticed tonight the HFCM runs for like a minute before it shuts off. Any one have any ideas at all? Could a bad injectore cause this even with no problem starting?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

well i got it back from the dealer and they say the #8 injectore is bad. Any body know a good place to get a stock one. they want $330.00 for one at the dealer. Any good write ups on changing it out?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can get one from teamfordparts . com for about $225

I would recommend you check your fuel pressure, and also never run your truck much below 1/4 tank. Low fuel pressure kills the 6.0 injectors.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I checked teamford parts on line but cant pull up the injector for the diesel. Any one have a part number or know if I just call them I can get the same deals as on line?? other wise i was going to use these 6.0L Powerstroke Injectors any one know any info on them/.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Emergency Services

pensacoladiesel.com has them for $179.00, but be aware. anything electrical you cannot return----period----. i learned the hard way at work with an idm from these people. once you buy it its yours. might check injectorwarehouse.com
Old 04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnit View Post
I checked teamford parts on line but cant pull up the injector for the diesel. Any one have a part number or know if I just call them I can get the same deals as on line?? other wise i was going to use these 6.0L Powerstroke Injectors any one know any info on them/.
Yes, same price over the phone as on the internet. I'd do some google searching before you do business with pensacola. There are plenty of reviews
Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah I have read some bad things about pensicola so I dont think I will use them but thanks for the suggestion to the poster. how about midwest feul injection. any one know any thing good/bad about them? they have them for $199.00 and dont charge the core charge unless you dont return them within 30 days. Ford Powerstroke 6.0l Injectors and parts
Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

got the injector swapped out today and all is right with the world. It was #8 so on the driver side and not bad at all to get to. A very easy job for anyone that has simple tools. took a couple of hours. Now I just need to put the SCT back in to release the beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.