Fuel water light came on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Fuel water light came on

Well no biggie, just get an Allen wrench and back it out right?? Well thatís what I thought and I gave it a shot. All went as planned until it was time tighten it back up and the threads gave out.. now it looks like I have a problem.. Where do I go from here? try to get a replacement cover or helicoil, also can it be driven or am I stuck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if the threads will hold just a little bit you should be able to put some thread lock on it. it will seal it so diesel shouldn't leak and will hold long enough to get you another housing..

if the threads are completely shot try J.B. weld quick dry . make sure you clean the surfaces of all fuel or it won't stick i had to go this route it held three months till i got a new one. put a small amount on the threads then coated the outside..

hope this helps good luck
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Yes it does and thank you, just curious.. what did the replacement cost you.

how did you get it dry it keeps running?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 PM

i replaced the whole pump it was $400 and i took the lines loose from the pump and let the filter housing drain
Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM

You can but a replacement cover ,I have installed a coulpe for the same thing ,where someone has stripped them out ! But i have the a pin point test on my site for the WIF .Here is the link ! Its on the second page just scoll down !Starting Autos
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM

Edge CTS keeps WIF light on all the time?!!!

Here's a video showing how the Water In Fuel light on my 6.0 liter 2003 F250 is coming on due to the Insight CTS device I installed: Insight CTS water in fuel issue by Daniel Odio-Paez on Socialcam - Nov 28

I emailed Edge about the problem, but they believe it's limited to just my vehicle (!!!). They wrote, "I think this issue may be something we can't fix as we have to pull data to view the parameters and the act of pulling data doesn't typically cause any issues whatsoever."

If you have installed an Insight product and your water in fuel light is on, please test it as I did in the video above. If yours is doing the same thing, PLEASE email the folks at Edge, at tech@edgeproducts.com so they know I'm not the only one with the problem. Maybe they'll figure out a way to fix it if they realize there are others with the same problem, since they don't seem to care too much when it's just me.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drodio View Post
Here's a video showing how the Water In Fuel light on my 6.0 liter 2003 F250 is coming on due to the Insight CTS device I installed: Insight CTS water in fuel issue by Daniel Odio-Paez on Socialcam - Nov 28

I emailed Edge about the problem, but they believe it's limited to just my vehicle (!!!). They wrote, "I think this issue may be something we can't fix as we have to pull data to view the parameters and the act of pulling data doesn't typically cause any issues whatsoever."

If you have installed an Insight product and your water in fuel light is on, please test it as I did in the video above. If yours is doing the same thing, PLEASE email the folks at Edge, at tech@edgeproducts.com so they know I'm not the only one with the problem. Maybe they'll figure out a way to fix it if they realize there are others with the same problem, since they don't seem to care too much when it's just me.

So, are you going to spam EVERY WIF thread with this?

Ever think maybe it IS just you? Maybe you should crawl under your truck and drain it!

My Insight didn't turn on my WIF light...

Lee
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drodio View Post

No issues here and I know quite a few others with the CTS and no light.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 AM

Forget the JB weld and get you some Marine Tex quick set. The stuff is tuff as nails and sets much harder. The stuff will hold threads very well. This would be a great time to take the whole assembly off the truck and clean it out. I think innovative Diesel makes a IV that goes in and has a tap on it to drain water. I need to order one for the Ex. If I do I'll let you know how it works. Be sure that whichever part has the good threads on it you coat in paste wax, my grease or good ole fashioned mold release if you can get it. It will allow you to remove the cap after the epoxy sets. Any excess epoxy that oozes out can be removed before it dries with acetone. Best of luck.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve7fet View Post
So, are you going to spam EVERY WIF thread with this?

Ever think maybe it IS just you? Maybe you should crawl under your truck and drain it!

My Insight didn't turn on my WIF light...

Lee
Lee, I drained it half a dozen times before I realized it was the CTS that was causing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.