Check Gauges and Electric Throttle Control light... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP - Check Gauges and Electric Throttle Control light...

Need help in understanding 2 indicator lights that are coming on.

1) "Check Gauges" message
It appears where the odometer is. It mostly comes on when I press the brakes, and even moreso when it's rainy out. It's not constant.

2) "Electronic Throttle Control" which is the wrench indicator light
After driving 1000 miles with issue #1 happening less frequently than not, today I got the open-end wrench indicator light on the dash that stays on without the message outlined in #1. I checked the manual and this idicator says it's the Electronic Throttle Control.

A guy who works on the truck for me says issues #1 is being caused by a bad front brake sensor and that issue #2 requires replacing some module or part of which reads all these sensor messages.

Note: just had it at the dealer who did 7 flash updates. Rough/cold start went away and ran bullet-proof #1 started on Thur in the rain and today #2 happened.

HELP!
Attached Thumbnails
Check Gauges and Electric Throttle Control light...-check-gauges.jpg  

Last edited by Pathfinder22; 04-01-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: added pic, typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

any help is appreciated! thanks alot.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Look at the pic your oil psi is at zero and the truck is running cause I see rpm's. The sending unit is an on/off style, if it reads 6 psi its in the normal position if under 6 psi dead stick. I have the same issue with a bad wire to the sending unit. That is why you get the check gauge message, not sure about the other.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks Tyler - just making sure and the guy I bought the F250 from is going to replace the gauge and whatever needed with sending unit.

As for the wrench indicator, that came on ONLY once and I'm still perplexed over it. The manual did have much detail about this indicator.

Oh well guess I better start getting use to these kind-of hiccups with the 6.0L PSD, and here I thought things were solid after the dealer updated with 7 necessary flash updates which cured my cold start/rough idle 110%......ARGH!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:27 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Where are you located maybe someone close by can pull come code for you, and give you a better idea why the wrench light is on.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I live in Jensen Beach, FL which next to Stuart, FL.

What device can I purchase that will allow me to pull codes and become familiar with Do-It-Yourself fixed OR at least be more intelligent when it comes to taking to a shop??

Still seeking advice from this forum for a top-notch PSD/6.0L/Diesel repair shop in my neck of the woods....otherwise it seems that First Coast Diesel in JAX is my next stop.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Several members have AutoEnginuity PC Scan Tool, works well when chaseing ghost. Only down fall is you have to learn how to use it good.
AutoEnginuity PC Scan Tool (USB)

Here are a couple things to read, don't worry its really not that much most of the info is in there twice. My self several mods and members have more links if ever want them. All you have to do is ask.

Powerstroke 6.0L Technical Intro Manual

6.0L Bible Table of Contents

06-21-2 Coolant Degas Bottle Overflow - 6.0l

6.0L EGR Maintenance and Cleaning (Write-Up)

Cleaning Turbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.