Worst luck ever... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aplasser
Worst luck ever...

Guys,

I have had the worst luck in the last 8 months with my 06 F-350 4x4 w/130k miles... This past fall i had to have oil cooler, egr valve replace. That was about 3400 bucks. January i had to have the tensioner pulley and serpentine belt replaced because it broke off on the hwy. Feb i had to have one of the alternators replaced.....and NOW i just had to have work done on my truck because there was a leak in the high pressure oil system. which was another 2135.00.

seriously WTF!!?!?! folks someone needs to talk me out of it but seriously thinking about going to a Dmax...

-Andrew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

good news is, sounds like you built yourself a new truck. Besides, you don't want Dmax...grandmas drive dmax
Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 AM

i love driving this rig though it's a beast...i just hope i'm not spending thousands more this year...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Maybe either buy an extended warranty if that's still possibly or buy a good set of tools and get handy doing your own repairs if you really want to cut costs. Those repairs you've had done are easily DIY and could have saved you thousands.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

I had my hpop go out on me when I was driving home from school. I have an extended warranty so I had to pay the tow truck, and a hundred bucks, everything else was covered. I agree with Banshee365, if you can get an extended warranty...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 AM

I'm not gonna lie to you. I bleed Ford blue but..........I have 4 diesel 1 ton trucks right now. A 4x4 one ton that is going to be used for a parts truck to convert another 1 ton into a 4x4 dually. The 4x2 dually. Another 4x4 one ton single wheel that is going to be for sale when I get all this swapping around done, and a 04 4x4 F550 that is my work truck. I own my own business and I'm concerned about my presentation as I pull up on a jobsite as I do not want to look as a shade tree mechanic that just threw together a truck. So with that said I have been fixing and keeping the 6.0 in the line up but I have thought MANY times of getting rid of it and putting the older dually back as my work truck. Although I can do my own work on these trucks I DO NOT enjoy it. Some people enjoy playing and working on their trucks. One person that comes to mind is Marty. He seems to parts just for fun. LOL JJ
Old 03-25-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneboy415 View Post
I had my hpop go out on me when I was driving home from school. I have an extended warranty so I had to pay the tow truck, and a hundred bucks, everything else was covered. I agree with Banshee365, if you can get an extended warranty...
can you elaborate as to what you have for an extended warranty?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM

luckily my egr was replaced under warranty. man every truck has its prob maybe yours more than others but they are great trucks just stick with her
Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNStroKE View Post
luckily my egr was replaced under warranty. man every truck has its prob maybe yours more than others but they are great trucks just stick with her
hoping at this point i replaced everything that is typically an issue with these trucks...
Old 03-25-2010, 07:37 AM

if you do heaavy hauling beware of the gaskets blowin other wise she haul *** all day long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.