I have a P2284 code and need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a P2284 code and need help

Hello everyone. I really need some help and locally everyone is stumped. I drove the truck in and it ran great. We installed an EGR cooler delete as we have done many times and the truck idles very erratic. We changed the ICP sensor and connector and it still idles bad. The ICP readings at an idle are 870 psi and 4.88 volts and it sounds like the injectors are going to jump out of the motor. The only codes that set are P2284 and we are at the wits ends over this. I was hoping to find something here or someone who has had this problem before and knew of a fix. I have several other powerstrokes sitting here to be worked on and I am doubting myself at the moment. Please help
Thanks Eddie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluextc View Post
Hello everyone. I really need some help and locally everyone is stumped. I drove the truck in and it ran great. We installed an EGR cooler delete as we have done many times and the truck idles very erratic. We changed the ICP sensor and connector and it still idles bad. The ICP readings at an idle are 870 psi and 4.88 volts and it sounds like the injectors are going to jump out of the motor. The only codes that set are P2284 and we are at the wits ends over this. I was hoping to find something here or someone who has had this problem before and knew of a fix. I have several other powerstrokes sitting here to be worked on and I am doubting myself at the moment. Please help
Thanks Eddie
Recheck your wiring connection to the ICP sensor. Any time you have a data reading of 5.00 volts from any sensor on any engine, it usually means there's an open circuit. For what it's worth, I've had my share of trucks coming in with the exact symptoms you describe that was pinpointed back to poor workmanship in the joining/soldering of wiring connections of a previous repair.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

rechecked everything and found all connections to be good and to it to a friend at the local dealer and he put his computer on it and found nothing. He said that ford did not have any updates for this truck and when he removed the computer from the truck and started it up it ran perfect. The customer said it has never run as good as it does now. I just thought I would let everyone that has looked at this know what happened. Thanks Eddie
Old 11-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey I am having the same problem on my 2006 f250 6.0. I just did the egr cooler delete and oil cooler rebuild. I am getting the 401, 403 codes that I expected until I get a tuner but I am also getting a 2284. I have not changed my icp. A few other things I have noticed is that when in cruise and start to coast it soulds like a mack truck that just let off the accelerator. Also the acc pedal when i release it at times in park i notice that it has about 1 to 2 sec delay before it goes back to idle. What can my issues be and what turner would be the one i need just to fix the code and drive in normal operating conditions Thanks Marc1969
Old 11-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey I am having a problem with my 2006 f250 6.0. I just did the egr cooler delete and oil cooler rebuild. I am getting the 401, 403 codes that I expected until I get a tuner but I am also getting a 2284. I have not changed my icp. A few other things I have noticed is that when in cruise and start to coast it soulds like a mack truck that just let off the accelerator. Also the acc pedal when i release it at times in park i notice that it has about 1 to 2 sec delay before it goes back to idle. What can my issues be and what turner would be the one i need just to fix the code and drive in normal operating conditions. Could it also be my IPC and can it be rebuilt or cleaned. Thanks Marc1969
Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

marc-I am having the same exact problem as you are. The dealer replaced my EGR cooler and rebuilt my Oil cooler, they also replaced the ICP sensor, and the connector going to it. I am getting the 2284 code, and having the same issues as you were. What did you end up finding out?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think I know what the problem is. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner I have been away from the computer. The code 2284 ended up coming from a bad ipr sensor and I had to buy a new hi pressure oil pump. The last chance screen in the bottom of the oil cooler broke lose and got sucked into the ipr and pump damaging both. My truck stopped running because of the bad pump. If yours is still running then it is most likely just the ipr and it is about $250 to $300. A new pump is around $700. Good luck
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unhappy

I am having similar problem i have the p2284 code replaced the sensor but not the wiring but it still is coming up. I can rev up my truck and the rpms will raise keep raising a couple thousand rpms after a lift my foot off the throttle. I wondering if it is the hpop? there is a fiting upgrade kit and i was wondering what that was.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Premium Member

I am in Sacramento at a hotel and had to make a short run to get jack in the box for my son. I got back to the hotel and my truck lights up with P2284. I did have the hpop done on this thing about 10 k ago but this is the first time i have seen this code.
Sorry to resurect an old thread but this was the best info I could find on this. Anyone else have any other experience with this I cleared it and drove a little and it has stayed clear but...
currious if anyone has any more news or newer experiences with this code
thanks for any help for my racked nerves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.