2005 F250 6.0 "PROBLEM" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 F250 6.0 "PROBLEM"

Here is my situation. Last night I flushed and replace my coolant in my 6.0 45k on it. This morning I get in it and crank it up. Runs great. It is 20 degrees by the way. Ayway no rough idle or anything. Let it warm up about 1 min and I take off slowly and notice alot of whiteish blue smoke blowing out of the exhaust. I pull over and look at it idleing and still blows the smoke out. I start driving it and when it warms up it goes away. About 5 min. Let it cool a little and the start it up and the smoke comes back for a a couple of minutes. The smoke does not smell like coolant but unburnt fuel. Someone said that possibly it could be the thermostat stuck open not letting it warm up correctly thus not burning the fuel. Anyone have this problem or any info greatly appreciated. Thanks,Eric
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

my buddys truck does the same thing its an 05 6.0 im thinking a sticky injector but hopefully someone will chime in here with the real answer.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If it smells like fuel its a stuck injector(s)
Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Yea I would say it smelled like fuel. Took into Ford today and the tech just thought the injectors weren't calibrated right. So he gave me the brand new flash and check out my vitals. All was good. Hopefully it fixes the little problem. Was thinking also, I gutted my cat and that might be just the normal smoke that the cat would of burnt up "if it was there" lol. It is about 20 degrees here. So the injectors will run a little rich anyway, I think. Anyway something to think about. Thanks for the replys and I will let you know if it clears up the smoking problem.Eric
Old 12-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a similar problem last week, and by the weekend, the truck wouldn't even start when cold. Took it to the dealer this past Tuesday and just got it back yesterday (Friday). Ended up having to replace the FICM and install 2 new batteries. He said it had the injectors all out of time or something like that. We'll see how it does now.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Well it was a little warmer today about 30 and the truck ran great. No smoke or anything. I really think it was from letting my truck idle for about 15 minutes when it was 5 degrees and then I just had to go about 5 miles and it didn't let it warm up. Took out the egr and it had a little oil on it. I also think it is the ccv as well. So I am going to bypass that. I am going to check my voltage on my ficm tomorrow if it isn't raining. So here is the combination of things such as 1. Not letting it warm up. 2. Rich fuel 3. Oil additive. 4. 2 stroke oil 5. ccv 6. cold weather with no cat or muffler. We will find out if this is the problem. Thanks to all for in input. Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.