Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 No heat in the cab

955 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Badger76 
#1 ·
Ok guys my heat just up and quit on Thursday. Coolant is full checked line going to heater core and it is warm but not hot. There is a valve by the pass. Valve cover and I can push the plunger in and it springs back. The valve does not turn when the hot to cold knob is turned. Is this normal? Any other ideas?

#2 ·
That valve should close when you turn the system completely off or turn the A/C to the MAX setting. Try those settings and see if it's operating correctly. What temp is your coolant running?

#3 ·
With that valve, it should have a grey vacuum line attached to it. If it doesn't the vacuum line is likely connected to the wrong place. When assembling, it looks like it belongs somewhere else.

I flushed my heater core before. I put a water hose and then compressed air into the tube by the valve, and disconnected it from by the degas bottle. If you do that, be very careful, because anything in the heater core you knock loose will end up in the oil cooler if you don't flush with enough water.

I don't know how to see if the valve itself is bad.

#4 ·
Valve moves when it's turned off or on max a/c. Not sure exact temp but according to the dash it's getting up to full operating temp. I'm thinking the part inside the lines isn't turning with the valve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.