Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help please

2K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Jaysom 
#1 · (Edited)
I cant post vid but if u go to u tube its f 350 by jason morin utube video of the problem watch whole video problem is at the end. Have rebuilt the turbo put new glow plugs in changed oil and fuel filters and drained old fuel please help link to video is in comments below

#4 ·
Do a contribution balance if needed, but that should have thrown a code for one of the cylinders. FWIW, it is as if one of the cylinders is starting to over fuel. Same noise mine was making just prior to complete nozzle failure and way more smoke!

#5 ·
I agree. A power balance would be the next step. You can do this manually. try disconnecting one injector at a time and see if the noise stops at a particular cylinder. You can do this faster if you remove all the injector clips prior to doing this

#9 ·
The 6.0 doesn't have any o2 sensors.

#11 ·
What device are you using to scan?
I mentioned to pull all clips out prior to running the test because then you can remove and install the connector quickly while running the test. So the truck is run for as short as possible with the problem occurring

#14 ·
So I tested injectors and no 1 on driver side was finished. Replaced it and same issue so retested all injectors while running like **** and none of them helped this time. Fcim is re manufactured so the guy that owned it before must have changed it. It seems to run like a champ till exhaust burner kicks in is there any sensors that would cause this? have new vid and a few pics please any kinda input would be greatly appreciated u have to watch whole vid problem is at end

#16 ·
You're supposed to disconnect one injector at a time to see which one doesn't cause a change in the rough run. Not which one makes it run better

Reactions: jokester00
#22 ·
I suggest buying an elm327 bluetooth OBD2 adapter and download the torque pro app. You can monitor every sensor through this app after getting the Ford pids. You can do this for under 15 bucks. DieselTechRon has a video on how to do this on a 6.0 liter on Youtube.

#26 ·
So I brought it to ford they tested it said no 2 injector and turbo were shot. So I told him I already replaced no 2 injector so they pulled it out said it was good so go to harness. Replaced harness and turbo and now it runs fine except it white smokes when there is high torque on motor. Wondering if this is because of all the oil left in intercooler from the turbo being shot? Anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.