Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help

1K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  PlowerstroKING 
#1 ·
Ok guys so i got my torque pro app and bluetooth adapter and my truck an 06 f350 developed a no start kinda warm condition and shaking while idling sometimes
My ficm main power was 49.5
Hpop is 155 psi
And ipr is 84%
Icp volts at 0.2
I know i must have a leak or bad ipr valve? How could i get my truck running good again?

#12 ·
Yes there is a way to test your pump, it can very easily cause major damage to the truck if done improperly so before i tell you how to do that, when was the last oil change? Is there an excessive amount of oil than was put in? And do you have an ipr socket? There 15$ or so on ebay just taking the ipr out and look at the screen may tell you why that ipr is saying its fully open if the screen is toast and debris got into the valve it could hold the valve open and your not able to build enough pressure for the injectors so the truck doesnt fire, im not a pro but you should try these before you look at the hpop because mine took three injectors with the pump so cross your fingers

#4 ·
Unplug the ICP when unplugged the computer will use a default value, if it fails to start you have a leak.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
#5 ·
Yeah it doesnt restart, also it has a brand new icp sensor and pigtail, whats weird is that when the no start condition starts sometimes while cranking itll make a "slip" sound like it overturned or something
Whats weird also is that no matter if its hot, or warm it doesnt need to really cool down to start, cranking it about 5 or 6 times will do the trick and get her running good but with a small shaky idle with the hpop reading 487psi while idling

#6 ·
Next step ought to be shop air to find where the leak is. Needs to be done when the condition exists, so if it is no start hot, the leak might not show if it's been sitting overnight.

If you provide the year of the truck it could help. I'm also going to bet that even thought you can restart it now by cranking, it will get worst.

#10 ·
Do you happen to know what steps i need to take in order to apply shop air to it?
And what size fitting do i need to thread in the icp hole?
I know i have to remove oil cap but thats about all i know
And how much air psi should i shoot through the system and for how long?
Sorry im such a noob at diesels?

#13 ·
Read through all of the information in the link Heavy provided. If you still have questions after all of that let us know. You for sure have a hpo issue.

#14 ·
So i took the truck today to a very reputable 6.0 mechanic shop, the top tech( owners son) scanned it, unplugged icp, took out ipr, put air to it, he diagnosed the pump is bad and not the stc,so i will be getting a new hpop with upgraded stc, new dummy plugs and standpipes, and he will also be reinstalling new orings from the oil rail to injectors, also my egr will be magically stolen

#17 ·
06 so you'll probably get a CEL. An SCT or PHPs Edge CTS2 tuner can turn this off.

#19 ·
Im thinking of going either with a sinister or thourouhbres diesel kit
Question is will i need a tuner to turn off cel or will it come on if i leave the valve in
Yes you will get a CEL i have a 05 and it registerd as low egr flow when my turbo boot had a hole in the turbo boot, as as said a nice tuner like thw sct or custom tuning will take care of it, snd when you buy the delet kit i would make sure it comes with a new up pipe
I didnt want to buy a tuner just yet, and with all the holiday shopping i did, i dont think i could get one yet anyways, i think im going to have to just go without the egr delete and pay the labor for it later when i have enough for a tuner, i have really good experience with the sct tuners as all ive owned before have been fords, 04 cobra and 98 gt

#20 ·
Not trying to derail this thread but i got a question, could it be possible my truck is tuned? Reason i ask is because my dad has an 07 f250 and mine is an 06 f350 swb, well my truck feels alot faster, shifts faster, and it will outrun that truck everyday, it also has no problem keeping up with other cars such as chargers and challengers and my gt mustang. Also my dads has alot less miles his only has about 67k mine has 215k

#21 ·
It could be one way to check if it has a tune is mash the pedal if it has a good amount of smoke it probably is, little to non probably not.

If it is tuned you'll have to have a dealer or someone return it to stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.