Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Copper washer fell into motor

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SnakeBitN 
#1 ·
Was replacing a broken O-ring on #5 injector. Went to reinstall after putting on a new copper washer and o rings, and the copper washer wasn't seated right, slid off and I watched it go right down the passage next to the glow plug. Does this go right into the oil pan? How should I go about getting it out? Or will the screens stop it from getting into anything if I can't get it out. Of course it can't be magnetic with my luck so fishing around with a magnet isn't an option.

#2 ·
yes, i believe those ports drain oil to the pan. it could sitting on top of thre upper pan as well

#3 ·
#5 cylinder low voltage

This question is on my 06 F350 I keep getting an intermittent PO273 code.It started all of a sudden truck starts up fine drive about a mile lite comes on. The second time it came on it showed a PO404 EGR.I removed the EGR valve cleaned it,stuck closed reinstalled it drove the truck 60 miles no check eng lite. parked it let it sit for a hour or so drove it home light came back on within a mile no EGR code just the PO273 #5 ? Whats next be gentle first time caller & new to the site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.