Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

No boost until 1,800 RPM's

967 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kaya 
#1 ·
Just had the turbo cleaned, I removed the EBP tube and sensor and it was as clean as one right out of the box! Shouldn't there be some soot buildup in it????? KOEO EBP 14.62, At Idle EBP 17psi, MAF 4.45lb, MAP 15.22psi, BAR 14.68, VGT 65.22%. WOT EBP 46.70psi, MAF 26.46lb, MAP 37.12psi, BAR 14.68 VGT 37%. I used AE to get this info and don't know if the parameters are normal or not. At idle there is no whistling noise from the turbo, just a low tone drone sound off and on for a few seconds. It's not blowing any smoke. The only thing I can think of is a bad VGT solenoid. Any help would be awesome!!!:please::please:

#2 ·
Since you have AE, you can command the VGT duty cycle to open and close (from 0 to ~80). It may be that it is on its way out.

#4 ·
I did command it shut and it's functional but it could be failing. also I'm not positive my turbo was cleaned. I had the work done at a local shop and the guy was rushing to get all the work done to it last Friday in less than 8 hours. He did both stand pipes, STC upgrade, oil cooler, EGR delete with down pipe, oil filter stand pipe and he was done with it at 4Pm. I would have done everything myself but I'm paralyzed after rolling my 99 F250 14 years ago!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.