Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 no start

893 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  co04cobra 
#1 ·
Working on a 05 6.0 wont start cranks good just changed fuel filters and oil but i bought the truck not running. Also the turbo is locked up. Will it still start w/ the turbine wheel completly locked. Ive worked on other 6.0s w/ bad turbos but never locked so possibly the problem? Its def. gettin fuel to the top filter. What other things will caust it to completly not start? IDM? ECU? egr?

#2 ·
ECU has a saftey sensor precaution that will cause it not to start under a certain temperature. once its triped the only way to go from there is to either let the block cool down or spay the motor with cold water from the water hose if u cant find the sensor spray everything under the hood a good 2 mins and try to crank it, if it cranks u have a sensor problem. as far as a turbo being locked up. your guna have two choices. take it to a machine shop and have them rebuild it or buy a new turbo. even if the turbo getin un locked it probably wont work the same as it did before.

hope this helps. and good luck. to you

#3 ·
No the truck has been settin for a several weeks. So not overheating problem. Ill be replacing the turbo as long as I get the motor running. So any other ideas? I bought the truck not running w/o any history at all. I have parts trucks to try the idm and such off of. And have done turbos and injectors on the 6.0s but havent messed w/ any of the egr stuff yet so im unsure if it will completely keep the truck from starting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.