King Ranch Seats - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
King Ranch Seats

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get my King Ranch seats looking good again. My truck spent all its life in Florida and they are extremely faded. I tried Leather CPR and it worked on some spots but other spots it wont absorb at all...

Thank you,
Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Here is the problem... The seats are 100% aniline leather. This means that they are unprotected, which is good and bad.. Its good because the leather conditioners actually absorb into the leather unlike modern leather interiors in cars, which are coated in plastic. This keeps them looking good for years, but at the price of nasty feeling/hot in the summer sticky seats....

So with that being said the bad is that you have to be careful on which conditioners you use. Some will actually degrade the leather and make them STUPID oily and stain clothes etc.. TRUST ME ON THIS. Go to amazon and buy the Leather Honey conditioner. Its the best Ive tried and it gets the leather so damn soft its crazy..

Also, the best way to clean these is use SMOKIN' hot water. What I do is get some old t shirts, wet them and put them in the microwave. Heat em up and take them out in 45 seconds. Then take them out to your car FAST ( get a dry towel and wrap the hot ones, you'll burn yourself ) and then lay the hot shirts over the dirty areas until the shirts cool.This will pull the dirt and oils out. You may have to lightly and sLOWLY rub the bad areas. Dont do too much as it will make it look furry/fuzzy ( think of the fibers coming loose from the leather ) You may have to do this several times. Wait until the seats are dry prior to conditioning ( about 2-3 hrs )

Here are some tips I found over the months while using the Honey. Designate about 1-2 hours to this. You need to wait on a hot day too. Heat will help open the leather and allow the Leather Honey to soak in better. When you apply the Honey use your hands, either with gloves or bare. They say its 100% safe etc, so I go naked. What I do is put some in my hands and rub it all over so there are no dry spots, then I dip my finger in the bottle or pour a little bit out. Then go to town rubbing back and forth slowly using pressure creating heat, this will turn your seat DARK damn near black, but relax... Its the Honey soaking in, TRUST ME here!

Then rinse and repeat. YOu will be able to tell where the seats are dry as they will turn black. If they dont turn, still keep rubbing and it will absorb what it wants.

What I do is do it early AM, let it bake in the sun all day and then get a MF towel and buff the seats the next day. Again, this is usually a weekend project that I dedicate no truck use on.

The seats will be tacky feeling as it only absorbs X amount of Honey per application, hence you buffing the residue off. So with that said, I would do it again in a week and you should be good for around 8-12mths from my experience.
Sgt93 and tkobes43 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrOneEyedBoh For This Useful Post:
Sgt93 (05-07-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Premium Member

I used the same leather honey great stuff I found it at a saddle shop !! I also used bare hands to apply sticky stuff !! Try a damp cloth and iron pulls stains like magic !!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
take a look at my photo album.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Premium Member

Just got my King Ranch leather cream in the mail and it did absolutely nothing... Looks like im amazon bound. Thanks everyone for the responses!

Tom
Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Premium Member

I like how Ford_Fan1's seats turned out. So, I have ordered the stuff he used.

Will be doing this in a couple weeks.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Premium Member

Sitting back enjoying a Mirror Pond Pale Ale, and watching the dye dry.

They are looking real good so far!!! That cleaner really does a job, doesn't Ford_Fan1 ?

My wife came and took a peek at the driver seat I did first. All she could say was "WOW!"
Old 05-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am glad to hear it is going well so far but as you know, we will require before and after pictures!! I can't wait to see how they turn out!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Ok, here is a good before and after photo. (passenger side seat)

(by the way, I had to use 500 grit sand paper on the passenger seat. I'm not sure what was on it, but it had been there since I bought the truck)
Attached Thumbnails
King Ranch Seats-passengersideseat.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Premium Member

The wife now wants the back seat done!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.