King Ranch Interior Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 02:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
King Ranch Interior Questions

What if any differences are there in the interior of the 07 F250 King Ranch versus the earlier ones (04-06). What changes were in the 08+ ones also. I'm looking at one that needs interior pieces and want to stay year appropriate or upgrade when I can.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the 04-06 interior and 07 interior is basically the exact same with just a very minor color change. The 08 seats I believe are a completely different color and design. Also, the 04-07 seats are made of what is called analine leather which is basicly unprotected leather whereas the newer 08 seats are called a semi analine leather meaning that they have a protective coating one them( this coating almost makes the leather seem to be fake.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ford_Fan1 For This Useful Post:
rowekmr (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 12:17 PM

Ok thanks. What about steering wheels were they all the same from 04-07? What were the rims sizes? Any issues with anything KR specific on yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Fan1 View Post
the 04-06 interior and 07 interior is basically the exact same with just a very minor color change. The 08 seats I believe are a completely different color and design. Also, the 04-07 seats are made of what is called analine leather which is basicly unprotected leather whereas the newer 08 seats are called a semi analine leather meaning that they have a protective coating one them( this coating almost makes the leather seem to be fake.)
Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

Steering wheels should be the same as well as far as 04-07. My factory KR rims are 18" but I think the 05-07 rims changed to 20" but I'm not positive. So far I am very pleased with my KR interior and it looks great. If you are worried about color differences between model years take a look at the album in my profile. Although there is almost no color differences between the years, some leather interior pieces that you buy may be more faded than others so you could dye them to ensure that your interior all matches perfectly. I redyed my seats because they were faded and now they look like they just came from the factory.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:37 PM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think it still was an option with the 05-07s...I don't think KR 20s became standard until the 08s. My 05 has 18s and most of the 05-07s that I've worked on have had 18s.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:19 PM

Thanks for the info. I looked to see if there are any VIN characters to distinguish it and I couldn't find any info on that. I did an auction check and it doesn't tell which one either. I looked at it and it has the badges but the grab handles above the door aren't trimmed in leather which I see others KR have. Unless someone on here can tell me maybe I will go to dealer and see if they will look it up via the VIN.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Fan1 View Post
Steering wheels should be the same as well as far as 04-07. My factory KR rims are 18" but I think the 05-07 rims changed to 20" but I'm not positive. So far I am very pleased with my KR interior and it looks great. If you are worried about color differences between model years take a look at the album in my profile. Although there is almost no color differences between the years, some leather interior pieces that you buy may be more faded than others so you could dye them to ensure that your interior all matches perfectly. I redyed my seats because they were faded and now they look like they just came from the factory.
how did you re-dye them???? My front are faded and back look good still.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 125py View Post
how did you re-dye them???? My front are faded and back look good still.
PM coming your way
The Following User Says Thank You to Ford_Fan1 For This Useful Post:
rowekmr (05-09-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk285 View Post
I think it still was an option with the 05-07s...I don't think KR 20s became standard until the 08s. My 05 has 18s and most of the 05-07s that I've worked on have had 18s.
correct they had both 18 and 20 in those years here is my window sticker with KR 20" 's but I am not sure what option package it would have been ? but it is like the 12th item down on options

IMHO as far as steering wheels KR leather had no business being on one LOL even the armrest and center console lids was a bad plan for leather

Last edited by ZMANN; 09-19-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

Here is my before and after photo of the dye job today.

Thanks to Ford_Fan1 for the information!
Attached Thumbnails
King Ranch Interior Questions-passengersideseat.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.