my king ranch seat journey - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my king ranch seat journey

hey all this is my journey with my beat up ranch seats. to start with there are in rough shape dark spots and been scrubbed they have spots that feel like suede. the truck is in great shape just beat on seats front and rear going to do the spa treatment and leather cpr or spa treatment and leather honey going to research more and order the stuff in the next day or two here are some pics of how they look any tips or input is very welcome

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok heres a small update no change at all did the spa treatment with a drop of baby shampoo in the water keep the towels hot as possible to no avail think the guy who had them said he put some leather oil on them i think they are gone but since they look so rough might try to put the water and towels and soap ( baby shampoo) in my big pot and use the propane heater to heat the stuff up to just before a boil? might need a few treatments and to dry out the oil? maybe the baby shampoo is not strong enough for the stuff he put on? not sure what to try to use with the water?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Some people say to use Murphys oil soap.. I wouldn't just because my seats are great condition. But in your case, can't get any worse...

Also use leather honey hands down... its the best conditioner without a doubt. If you apply it heavy and rub it in hard and fast to create heat, it will absorb better and even it out most likely.

Also when you do that, the leather will turn black. This is normal and will go away.

Good luck
Old 11-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thank you your rite it cant get any worse lol... if that does not work will prolly jsut have new leather put in not going with ranch leather but close to it in color and keep the original if i decide to sale it been thinking about it jsut dont need a diesel and a f150 would fit the bill will keep this updated with progress might need a little more soap only used a cap full of baby shampoo to a gal of water and keep heating the rags in the hot water
Old 11-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

tiny update i got some leather cpr and did the top of the console did ok looks better i did a spot on the passenger side seat also waiting to see how it does wanting to do the spa treatment this weekend with hotter water and a little more soap if this does not work i will be looking for new covers front and rear and keep the ranch leather in a bag in the extra room just in case i sale the truck never know may want a 4x4 and not a 2wd
Old 11-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Update guys did thee spa treatment today to all the seats got it as hot as i can stand the water man almost burned my self lol... then let them dry out some as it was almost 80 today then gave them a good dose of leather cpr man used a whole bottle on them it sucked it up used my hands a rubed it i good then wiped it down could not got any worse then what they are we will see when it dries abit in a few days
Old 11-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

there was a guy selling a recondition kit that did amazing things came with the proper dye for the various years ETC
I never did try it since my stitching is farked funny my rear seat is mint LOL wonder if He is still around ? He was out of the PNW Oregon or Seattle

I am thinking of the Ebay replacement leather for 250 per peice = 1000.00 for full front
Old 11-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for that info zman i will investigate it not sure if i want to go that route with ebay may have to though wow 1k for the fronts but that beats fords price for 6k for front and rear new then you have to get it put on going to looking to just getting new leather from katskin or a nother source any got any links or info on who to go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.