water in cab - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
water in cab

every now and again ill find water on the pass. floor board and trace it up to the firewall right under the dash. it is only water, no coolant.

there was a pretty good amount today, it has also rained for a week straight. its all over the silver cylinder thing on the firewall... any ideas what this is?

my truck is a xl so its not ruining carpet or anything, just annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When this happened in my truck I discovered the seal on the air intake for the heater fan under the cowl was leaking. It would fill up the housing and leak through the vent on the passenger side under the glove box. I just pulled the inner fender back and drilled a small hole in the bottom to allow the water to drain. This is a pretty common problem apparently as I've done the same thing on my dads and uncles super duties.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mine tends to do this on the driver side any ideas?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
there is a opening to the upper left of the steering shaft, mine has a taped cover thing on it. yours might be leaking.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Texas Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 kingranch4x4 View Post
Mine tends to do this on the driver side any ideas?
If you have a sunroof they have a tendency to leak, mine is and it's leaking in running down the driver pillar to the floor board
Old 12-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntersk2k5 View Post
When this happened in my truck I discovered the seal on the air intake for the heater fan under the cowl was leaking. It would fill up the housing and leak through the vent on the passenger side under the glove box. I just pulled the inner fender back and drilled a small hole in the bottom to allow the water to drain. This is a pretty common problem apparently as I've done the same thing on my dads and uncles super duties.
I'll second this.

My air intake was leaking and filling up the fan housing as well.

Pull out the fan (three bolts), and I bet you will find the bottom of the housing full of water. It can only get so full before it starts to leak out the blend door... on to the passenger side floor.

Ford in their infinite wisdom neglected to bother to put a drain hole in the bottom of the fan housing to overcome this issue. Once water gets in there by any means, it has no way out.

If you pull the fan out, you can get in there with a drill and poke a hole in the bottom of the housing. It is on the "intake" side of the fan, so it doesn't really matter how big you want to make it (make it big enough it won't plug itself back up with slime/goo/mud/dust).

My floor's been dry ever since.

If it is your sunroof leaking, you'd probably find water in your glove compartment too (had that problem at the same time as well).

Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.