temperature control not working - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
temperature control not working

Hello I'm new here.

Okay I have a problem. I have read a bunch of stuff about the heater/ac control and blend door.. my blend door works if i shut it by hand with a tool.

so i thought it was the accuator so I took it off it was dirty and i took it apart and used a 9v battery to test the motor it run fine but when i plug it in and turn the temp from cold to hot the motor does not move. is the head unit the problem or is it some kind of reley

thanks for any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'd test to see if the motor is getting voltage and work backwards from there...
Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

okay do know what the voltage should be ? by the way its an 07 F250 6.0 all stock.

except rims and tires

Your sig is slick nice truck
Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 PM
RollinEarly05...now

I'm not sure about the voltage (I'd only be guess.. But probably controlled by ohms not volts) I'd check for both while changing the temperature control knob. If you get neither volts or ohms... I'd follow the wires closer to the relay and recheck... Keep doing (while moving closer to the switch then ecm or fuse panel) that until you get a reading and you should find your problem. Maybe someone can post a wiring diagram for ya. Good luck
Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dont overthink it, just put a blend door actuator on it.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:48 AM
RollinEarly05...now

I wouldn't just throw parts at anything without determining the problem first, but its your time and money.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nor would i, but my suggestion comes from 12yrs of working with the ford product. Im not saying that the cause maybe something else, but 99% of the time its the motor. If you lift the motor off while still plugged in and it works and the door is NOT jammed then the motor is too weak to turn the door. These motors usually fail completely, but they can become weak. I proved this with a lock actuator on my wifes escape which appears to have an identical motor inside. It worked fine in my hand but not in the liftgate. It was a part i had to order, so i took it apart, realized i saw the motor at a surplus store, bought it(4 dollars), replaced the motor, reinstalled the actuator and has been working fine.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a similar problem. My temperature control will work on heat and if I go to 60* it takes a minute but will start blowing cold air. As soon as I move the temperature to 65* it will start blowing heat again. It's like there is no in between, either full cold or full heat.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im guessing you have EATC. All of the trucks i work on have manual controls. There are a lot more possible causes with EATC. I cant acess Inford on my ipad, but i believe the control head can run self diag and generate codes. Without an IDS you are going to have to swap out "known good parts", if you have access to them. Or get access to the blend door actuator so you can see it and see if its sticking, jumping etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.