Front jump seat console diagram? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Powerstroke Interior Discussion This Section is for interior discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Front jump seat console diagram?

Does anybody know where I can find a diagram or parts breakdown for the front jump seat fold down console? In my '06, if I rest my arm on the front left corner of it, the right rear side raises up. And so it's come unbolted somewhere I just don't know where. The box must bolt to the mechanism that allows it to fold up and down but I can't feel any bolts on the drivers let alone the passenger side.

It folds up and down just fine and is nice and solid in that aspect. It's only the box/bin that's come loose from the folding mechanism on the passenger side.

If I knew how to remove the lid and box from the fabric I might be able to see where the bolt broke or is missing. But I'm not finding any screws inside the box.

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue but the damn thing squeaks over every......single......bump and it's driving me insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Emergency Services

I had the same problem with one that I purchased to swap for my floor mounted console. Used this and fixed it up nice. It is not hard to do just take your time so you do not break any of the plastic tabs. I even drilled a couple extra holes and put some stainless fasteners in it to hold it even better . It is solid now. Good luck. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Jump seat repair fix DIY with pics!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Holy sweet moses! I thought for sure no one would have this. Thanks! I'm going to get after it next week.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wanted to post up that I followed the procedure in that link from Aretoo and didn't find it to difficult to do. I didn't actually have to take the cupholder portion off and only needed to peel back 3/4 of the fabric and bend the arm rest foam back to get to the four screws.

What I found was that three of the screws had loosened up that hold the plastic bin to the steel frame. The passenger rear screw had stripped out completely. What I did was use some Loctite and then a small split lock washer with another slightly larger normal washer on all of the screws because the screw slot in the metal frame was just about as large as the screw head itself and would cause the screws to not seat evenly. Then I tightened them all back down nice and snug. As for the stripped out screw I just used a larger course thread screw. I think they'll hold good now, I hope.

One thing though, that I found to be a real pain in the rear was getting all of the fabric back under the small black trim ring in a nice, neat and even fashion. I couldn't get it to all go back under just like it had been before but with the arm rest bolted back in and the plastic trim put back on you really can't tell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.